Let's Groove Tonight! (Special)

"Miss Kocho, would you mind sparing a moment of your time for me?" You blinked before turning around to see your precious captain standing before you, a small smile on his face. You returned the expression with your own sunny spin on it.

"Of course, William~ What's the sitch?"

"Well... You see, um-" He coughed into his hand, and you raised an eyebrow at the nervous mannerism.

"William, are you alright?" His heart was already acting up as he was working up the nerve to ask you a very pressing question, but upon seeing your worried expression and hearing you call out his name in a concerned tone, his stomach started to do consecutive somersaults.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just came back from a meeting of the Magic Knight Captains. Kaiser told me to give you his regards and gratitude once again." He wussed out last minute, not being able to steel his nerves as he faced your bright expression.

"Oh, he's too sweet! But is that really what you wanted to tell me, WIlliam~?" A teasing grin painted your lips as you leaned in close, a mischievous glint in your eyes. He tensed up. She gets so close sometimes...! Not that he disliked that, of course-

"You're onto me, I'm afraid." He bashfully chuckled at you, but you only playfully elbowed him to egg him into spilling the beans. He cleared his throat once more.

"I... wanted to know if your day tomorrow is open." He said vaguely, and your curiosity was piqued.

"Oh? Does my captain want to ask me to do something to occupy my day~?" You grinned cheekily, and he willed his face to cool down at your bold antics. Oh, Lord, have mercy.

"I am. At the meeting I mentioned, there was talk about a night filled with partying, dancing, and other activities, all in the name of earning funding for the Magic Knights. And after former Congressman Hapshass' son's disgraceful scene followed by the Hapshass family withdrawing their funds, the Golden Dawn will need to be a formidable contender." William explained, and you hummed.

"That's nice and all, but... where do I come in?" You looked at him knowingly.

"You've been working very hard recently, and the captains are required to bring a companion to the event. Additionally, there will be many people who are interested in funding your medical practice in attendance. Would you be interested in attending with me-"

"You had me at 'funding my medical practice~'" You sighed wistfully, linking his arm with your own. William sweatdropped at your blunt statement.

"That was nearly the end of the pitch." He chuckled at you. You gave his hand a squeeze and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"I can't wait~" You couldn't wait for not only spending time with your favorite masked captain, but potentially bleeding some wealthy pigs dry was something you were greatly looking forward to!!

---

You moved the hanger to the other side of the rod in your closet. No. You moved the next hanger to the other side of the rod in your closet. Also no. You moved the next hanger to the other side of the rod in your closet. No again.

You sighed before sitting on your mattress, leaning back on your hands which you outstretched behind you. For as prepared as I am, I never foresaw being invited to a gala with upper-class attendees. Huh. Funny how that worked. You hated having wealthy and important people in your life; it was such an inconvenience, honestly.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"May I come in, Miss Kocho?" You heard your beloved captain's voice from the other side of your door.