CHAPTER 9: Dungeon Part 3

"Well, come on! What, are ya done already?" Asta pointed his sword at Crystal Weirdo

Crystal Weirdo's grimoire flipped over a page and glowed a bright blue. Suddenly, crystals began rising from the floor of the dungeon. A mist of sorts rose up from the still-growing crystals and a large shard was headed straight towards Asta, who yelled as he swatted the attack away with his sword. Then more crystals clustered around him, encasing him.

"Asta!" Yuno yelled from within your grip. You were concerned, too, of course, but a doctor must focus on their patient. Your family instilled proper values in you; one such value was that you shouldn't divide your focus when dealing with important matters like the situation you were currently in.

When the giant crystal monster moved its foot, Asta wobbled in a daze before falling over.

You were worried instantly, your mind listing off potential diagnoses. He must have some kind of concussion... even those harm idiots!! And even your thoughts were cruel.

"Tell me, boy: what are you?" Crystal Weirdo demanded, looming over your friend.

"I'm a human who was born with zero magic. Even so, I'm gonna become the Wizard King. I'm going to prove it. That's why I'm alive!!!" Asta gritted his teeth, shakily trying to get to his feet. You had to admire his perseverance, those injuries must be extremely painful for him to endure. You wish you could help him, but alas, you already had your hands full with Yuno and the clones.

"I... I live only to destroy!" Crystal Weirdo shouted. If he hadn't injured and killed innocent civilians, you might have pitied him or at least cared enough to help him live a more fulfilling life. Too bad he sealed his fate by becoming the lowest of the low.

"That's why you live, to destroy? Well, the Wizard King lives to protect his kingdom and his people! I will never lose, not to somebody like you!" Asta yelled, bracing his broken body for another battle.

"You're in my way! Begone, pebble!" You shivered after seeing his coldhearted expression. No wonder he seems so lonely, he's creepy!!

"Sure, I might be a pebble, but if so, I'm going to be the pebble that shatters the diamond!" Asta leaped forward and slashed Crystal Weirdo along with his monster, knocking them both down with a single blow. He yelled in victory, raising his sword to point straight above him.

You smiled softly, glad that the battle was over with. You could finally retract your clones and focus on healing your allies. But before that...

When you looked over at Yuno, you noticed a genuine smile on his face. Perfect teasing material!!

"Oya? Oya oya? Is that a real grin I see on your face, Yun-Yun~?" You smirked as you leaned in close to his face.

"No, (Name)." He willed his face to stop warming up as you continued teasing him. You'd really be the death of that boy someday.