ENCHANTED LYRICAL ANALYSIS

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity
Shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

This whole stanza has a bunch of ties to you and William. The first is when you first met in the Forbidden Realm and you were able to make William feel a lot more comfortable when everyone else was cruel to him. The "Same old tired, lonely place" would have meant the entire world, in his case, and you were able to make it all momentarily vanish by extending that olive branch of a play date to, and with, him. Queen shit.

The second would be the Magic Knight Entrance Exam. One of the first interactions between William and you, in your older lives, is fake smiling at the same time. However, William was fully aware of who you were, but you weren't able to see William's face, so you had no clue that was your long-lost friend. He was able to tell when all of your smiles and laughter were fake, and his heart went out to you, but he didn't want to risk you finding out everything he was planning, so he kept his literal, physical mask up around you to keep you at arm's length... most of the time.

As much as he tried, William just couldn't stop his desire to be close to you. So, he let the sight of your beautiful face refresh his faith in humanity. He was never really close with anyone until you and Yuno came around, anyway. You were able to make his walls crumble down around him when everyone else was too put off by his high rank.

Whenever he interacted with you, though, he truly forgot about most of his hardships. He felt so liberated whenever you were around, and then the cruel presence within his soul always reminded him this can't stay nice forever, William, we have to do what we set out to do, and it always killed his vibe.

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"

When William first saw you at the entrance exam, his heart stopped. He genuinely could not believe that it was you, in the flesh! While you couldn't see his eyes, he knew that yours held no semblance of recognition. Which was fine, he always reminded himself, because you had both changed so much and he was granted the bittersweet opportunity to fall in love with you all over again.

Across the room, your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me

When you chose his squad, he couldn't have been more relieved and overjoyed. He knew you were ambitious to a T, so choosing the Golden Dawn was the most logical choice for you, but he still couldn't believe his luck.

This also applies to the night of the Captains' Gala, when you danced with him. He swore he saw the Creator, in that instance, because he was so blessed to be so close to you.

The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy

You were nothing if not playful, and William thought it was a breath of fresh air. You were quick as a whip; charming and clever to boot. Your lighthearted, jovial banter made him realize that people weren't all bad. He just... wished that Licht-turned-Patri could have seen you the way he did. Maybe things wouldn't have all gone to shit if that were the case.

This is a nice addition to the above mention of the gala. He and you had such a nice rapport going, all you liked to do was insult nobles and royals, and all he liked to do was admire you from underneath and behind his mask.

And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you