CHAPTER 14: Hot Girl Sh*t

"The respect for me has decreased! I will not tolerate any insubordination, so you better shape up, peasant boy!" Langris, on his regularly scheduled weekly tantrum about his all-due disrespect, snapped at Yuno, who had been simply minding his own business.

"Sure." He replied flatly, only causing the vice-captain to clench his fists and curl his lips up in a snarl.

"I loathe you with every inch of my being!"

"I don't think that's a lot of inches." David leaned over and whispered to Letoile, who nodded solemnly in agreement. The two members of the Golden Dawn were playing a game of chess (in which Letoile was dominating, she would be quick to point out) and heard Yuno and Langris' little spat.

"You're not wrong. Our Vice-Captain is small yet mighty." Much like a certain dainty woman I know. And love, of course, but Letoile wasn't ready to admit that yet, even if it would only be in her own mind.

"... (Name) would have thought that was funny." David pouted, then sighed wistfully at the mere thought of you. Ugh, your impact. Upon hearing his comment, a small yet fond smile painted Letoile's visage.

"She really would have." Letoile agreed.

"Where did she say she was going again?" David shamelessly piped up.

"Do you not listen on your own?"

"Hey, she is very nice to look at, and I get very easily distracted by her face. You know that about me, Letoile." David sternly reminded his bestie.

"*Sighs* She said she was going home."

---

"Murata, get the goldware!"

"Murata, set the table!"

"Murata, prepare the food!"

The aforementioned lad nervously sweatdropped at the demands of the three young girls dressed in long-sleeved nurse uniforms. They're so lively today! I get it, Lady Kocho is on her way back, but still...

"They sure run you ragged, huh?" Goto, one of the older male helpers, snickered to his friend. They were both replacing the bedsheets in the recovery room, so girl-talk was bound to commence between the two of them.

"*Sigh* You don't know the half of it. But that's nothing in comparison to the Magic Knights! They're so strong, it's overwhelming! Ah, just thinking of them sends shivers down my spine!" Suddenly, Goto's eyes widened as a familiar figure approached them. I'd recognize that smile anywhere! He began tugging on Murata's sleeve.

"Uh, dude, you should-"

"They're all so scary, I hope I never see another Magic Knight for as long as I live!" Murata confessed shakily, his hand over his heart.

"Hello~" You suddenly chirped from behind Murata, who felt his face completely drain itself of color.

"Gah! Lady Kocho!" He blanched, backing up from the sheer shock factor. You, on the other hand, maintained your bright smile. He bowed to you formally before stumbling out of the room with Goto hot on his tail.

"Oh, hello! Goodbye!" He slammed the door behind them, letting out a shaky breath once it was shut. Stupid, stupid, stupid!! Why did I say that?! Ahh!

"Oh, my! Goodbye!" Your laughter came out as an airy chitter. You then let out a curious hum, linking your hands behind your back and tilting your head back and forth childishly.

"Now, I wonder where those girls could be-"

"Lady Kocho! Welcome home!" You heard three girls exclaim in excitement, and your heart instantly softened. You smiled fondly back at them. Oh, these three. How I've missed them so. You spread your arms and they leaped to embrace you.