CHAPTER 4: First Mission

*CAW CAW* You immediately awoke to the harsh and grating sound of your crow cawing outside of your window. One saw, you had trained your dear crow to wake you up early in the day so you could start checking things off your list as soon as possible. That crow really was your ride or die.

You yawned as you stretched your arms out above you, trying to ease your drowsiness with the motions... along with your migraine. Waking up early in the morning gave you more time to be productive, but, more often than not, it gave you quite a headache, as well. How unfortunate that you were a night owl, you thought.

After combing through your hair and deeming it presentable, you tied it in a yakai-maki style bun and fastened your white and purple hair ornament in it. Now begins my first service as a Magic Knight. You nodded at your appearance before officially beginning the rest of your morning routine.

While you expected to receive a couple of dirty looks on your way to the dining hall for breakfast and your morning medications, you honestly hadn't anticipated only seeing a few people up and moving in the room

While you expected to receive a couple of dirty looks on your way to the dining hall for breakfast and your morning medications, you honestly hadn't anticipated only seeing a few people up and moving in the room. It wasn't unbearably early in the morning, so you were honestly rather disappointed in the apparent lack of motivation to wake up early. I suppose I have to show them that I'm better in even more ways than I previously thought. How absolutely pitiful.

"(Name), what are you doing up so early?" You turned around to see Letoile and David standing behind you, the former regarding you with a raised eyebrow. The latter, on the other hand, regarded you with an excited twinkle in his blue eyes.

"*Gasp* Oh! So you're the new girl Letoile was talking about last night-" A stern look from Letoile shut her companion right up, but he still maintained his upbeat demeanor.

"You can be so stingy sometimes, I swear!" He shook his head with an amused smile on his face. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at him.

"Heaven forbid I take things more seriously than you do." She didn't want David to expose her like this. How shameful.

"Okay, changing topics now!" David declared in the most subtle fashion. He then gave you his full attention, his warm and accepting smile reeling you in.

"(Name), wanna sit with us for breakfast? I'm so jealous that Letoile got to talk with you before I did!" He whined playfully at you. You giggled, the melodic sound making the two Magic Knights practically short circuit.

"No need to be jealous~ After all, there's plenty of me to go around." You winked teasingly at him, unintentionally (and unknowingly) sending his poor heart into overdrive.

When Letoile told him that you were rather bold with your words and actions, he wasn't really sure what to expect. Sure, he didn't think any less of you for the way you acted (he held firm the belief that people can live their lives however they choose to, as long as they don't cause pain and suffering to anyone while doing it), but he would be lying if he said that your demeanor wasn't impacting him.