Chapter 2: Hanging out

Chongyun pov:
We reached our destination, my navy friend was wandering around the bookshelves searching for anything that he haven't read or catches his eye.

"Chongyun help me out and search for books!"
He said as he put another book back on the shelf.

I shrugged and looked at the stack of books in front of me searching for something he would like. He loves martial arts novels the most but also interested in well written story books. Oh not to mention love stories for some reason, I don't really get what's so interesting in reading how the fictional characters get together troughout some sort of base plot. I just find them boring to read, but then again I'm not a bookworm like him, sometimes I feel like he'll take any book as long as he can read it.
After some time something caught my eye, a VI volume long book series called "Ancient History of the Guhua". I took the first volume and walked over to Xingqiu.

" Hey- I found this book series, have you read it before?"

Xingqiu looked at the book and his eyes lit up, and my hand was empty in a split second as he snatched it and quickly started looking trough the first pages.

"Where did you find this??"
He asked, his voice full of excitement.

"Over there at the side"
I replied and pointed to the direction.

He quickly closed the book with a loud slamming noise, he bit his lower lip as he realized that he shpuld've been more careful and walked over to the spot I saw his eyes showing that he hopes no one knew that was him, well except me of course.
I just chuckled quietly and followed along, when I got there he already grabbed all the six volumes of the book, eyes shinibg like if he found some sort of lost treasure.

"There goes the bookworm"
I said with a small smile.

"Oh please you're just uncultured that's why you can't see the value of books."
He replied coldly and looked right at me.

After a few seconds of silence we started laughing and went over to Jifang (I think that's what she's called correct if I'm wrong)
Xingqiu started talking to her about the books. I was just looking at my friend examining every feature of him.
His beautiful navy hair colour with a style that no other guys in Liyue could ever wear as good as him. I might risk that no one in Tevyat could look better with it than him.
Then there's his unique, formal outfit that fits perfect with his interesting personality and hi hair, the gold parts beautifully highlighting his goldem eyes, then his formal shoes are just the icing on the cake. He looks sort of feminine and some people did confuse his gender before, but then again, he's the only guy that can make this outfit show it's true beauty.
And there's that slim body that everyone associates with being weak but he can send you to a hospital in just a few moments. I sometimes feel like he's stronger than me which is scary- (haha I'd be scared too)
Lastly. That flawless face, that can hide all kinds of emotions if he wants to, but when he's around trusted people, it's the most interesting open book you'd ever see...-

"Tevyat calls Chongyun!"

My toughts were cut off by Xingqiu snapping his fingers right infront of my face.

"Ah!- sorry- I zoned out-"
I said and I could feel my face was starting to burn as I realized that I was probably staring at him for minutes.

"You never zoned out for this long, but I guess it's fine. Let's go now"
He said with a sort of questioning but cold tone.

"Right-"
That's all I could say.

Then he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the bookhouse, his hands are so soft and warm..- I shook my head trying to compose myself but every day I felt more and more distracted by his presence. Like if he would've casted a spell on me, and my heart skips a beat everytime he gets too close to me that I never even cared about before. My yang energy is also stronger lately, first I tought that's the reason why I'm acting strange but that also only happens when Xingqiu is around. The more I think of it.. I might've fallen for him.
No no no- that can't be real, he's my best friend it's been like this for years- I can't fall for him! It'll ruin everything.. I have no idea how long I can keep myself from going crazy.. I should probably tell Xiangling. Or- maybe Aether if we get to hang out again, he seems to be quite wise when it comes to all kinds of relationships..-

Xingqiu pov:
"Chongyun I'm talking to you!!"
I said getting more and more annoyed that he doesn't listen lately.

"Oh!- I'm really sorry Xingqiu- what did you say?"
He asked as he snapped back to reality. I swear on the archons he's not himself lately.

"I was asking if you'te hungry. But first tell me, is something bothering you? You keep zoning out and never pay attention."
I replied being a bit angry but also concerned. He never acted so strange before and this has been going on for a week now.

"No no no it's nothing, I just have something that I need to figure out.."

"Well I could help with that! What is it about?"
I had no idea what could be the thing that he can't figure out himself.

"..."

"Come on tell me! Whatever it is I want to help."

He stayed silent for a while.
Then he looked at me and asked:
"How can you tell if someone likes you back?."

Hehe cliffhanger, also I decided to not include much of the ships in here. (So I'll also change the tags at my story) This book will be about Chongyun and Xingqiu. There will be mentions of other ships that I do in genshin but they won't have a main part in the story.
That's all for today! Oh and tell me in the comments who's your fav genshin character! Mine is Xiao.