Chapter 29: I'm not ready to get older.

It's been a few months, Chongyun took up two jobs and started saving up to start his life, in the meantime he started drumming again as his hobby. His parents were happy, he seemed to get better.
Venti was extatic that someone he knew besides Kazuha was willing to play instruments, although they rarely talked he still proposed the idea to Chongyun that once he feels stable enough they should start a band, Chongyun said yes. He has no idea why, he just did without thinking.
But he didn't regret it, he had something to look forward to in his future and even git Xinyan to be a part of it.
He was really not prepared to start his life but he knew he had to, he couldn't stay on his parents' necks till he dies, so far he saved up enough to get his driver's license and he usually borrowed their car when he needed to go to work and helped with paying the gas and the weight tax in return, so basically he half-owned the car by now.
He was lucky, the jobs were paying well even if they were tiring and he still had a bit of free time to spare for music.

They decided their roles in the band, Xinyan was the main guitarist, Kazuha had the bass, Venti took the keyboard and Chongyun had the drums. Venti and Xinyan were also planning to be the lead vocals and the song writers, the other two of course helping them when needed.
But of course these were all plans as they were all scraping their savings up to not starve once they get to move out.

They even thought of sharing an apartment together and splitting the taxes.
But all they could do is wait untill they had the money to afford it.

All of them were working hard but Chongyun was the one clearly working the most. He noticed that keeping himself busy helped him cope with the loss of his lover so he did his best to do exactly that.

He knew it was unhealthy to be this attached to someone, so if he could find a way to get over, he tried his best to do so as soon as possible.

He knew what he had to do, rent a flat get a car or buy the one from his parents, make a stable living and then hopefully find someone. Even if it seemed completely impossible and horrible. He had to move on, no matter how badly his heart crawled at his chest and no matter how many times he had cried, he wanted to get his life together in two years at maximum.

He should be able to do that right? Xingqiu will be officially married and they haven't talked ever since the banquet so he'd have no reason to even think of him anymore.

On the other hand Xingqiu was struggling.

He was in absolute hell, dance classes calligraphy, interviews, events, business class, not even any free time for reading, only sleeping 6 hours at best before one of the maids wake him saying his father needs to talk to him which would usually consist of threatening and if he misbehaved beating.

He never would've thought his father would become this way. He always looked up to him in a way even if their paths weren't the same. He never once laid a finger on Xingqiu before in a threatening or hurtful manner but now, a slip up with an interview, any memories of Chongyun found in his room, they were all reasons for him to get a bruise that he has to cover up with make up whenever he needs to appear outside or on screen.

He just hoped to God Chongyun would forgive him one day when all of this finally ends. That was his only hope, his only reason to keep suffering through this instead of running away and staying in other countries forever and be forgotten by everyone and everything.

He could do it he knew, but if he did, he would never even have the chance to see Chongyun, let alone actually take the chance. He heard that he started playing the drums again, oh how badly he yearned to hear that just like in the old days, when they were still happy, unbruised, mentally stable. Or how badly he yearned to go to a concert personally of the band he founs out they were foeming, just to watch Chongyun, Chongyun and nobody else.

His one and only, forever. Even if the world falls apart.

While Xiangling was hoping the same but with Hu Tao's case who decided that she will become the manager of the band while also running her father's business.

At least they seemed like they were happy. At least two birds were flying freely out of the four, even if it is the wrong pair and the wrong time.

The media was full of the engaged "couple's" interviews. There were also many pictures the two posted on their socials, they had to make it believable.
The sad part was that, Chongyun and Hu Tao liked each and every one of the pictures. They were the first ones always, faster than anyone else. But it wasn't like this didn't go both ways, anything the other two posted was instantly liked by Xiangling. Xingqiu though,, he was forbidden to interact with Chongyun in any way even on social media. And he didn't want to give him even more mixed signals by liking Hu Tao's post and not his, so he just tried his best to ignore them all together.
Though that started getting harder the more and more the future band hung out, one of them if not all always posted something that had the others in it, it was refreshing to see that they were "moving on". But it was very painful to know that they will never be on one of those pictures with them.

Since it has been a while wedding plans began to form, his parents wanted an outside summer wedding for the looks, and Xiangling's parents agreed, much to the pair's disappointment.

They just wanted to get over this as soon as possible.
The dreadful whispers of the people around them that constantly mentioned

"when will their wedding be?"

or "Do you think they will get any children later?"

Now that was the question they hated the most. They were both very far from being heterosexual and they did not want to have biological kids what so ever. Plus it would be weird to sleep with someone you see as a sibling wouldn't it??. How could people even expect such a thing and even if they don't know they see each other in a family way, why the hell would they think of them having kids when they are only 18!?

"Alright everyone! Welcome to another episode of our favourite engaged couple's Q&A~
This episode we have once again chose questions from you! Yes you the audience! For our lovely guests to answer. Don't forget if you have a question ask at www.facebook.com/companynews!
And before we jump right into it How have you two been since we last saw each other?"

"We've been fine thank you, we're starting to form plans with out families on how the wedding should go and it will probably take place around July."
Xingqiu replied trying to sound natural

"Oh that's wonderful! A summer wedding, mine was a spring wedding, May, it was very romantic, but I bet yours will be even better"

"Well I'm not exactly sure but we'll try our best, it is a very important moment in our life after all" Xiangling chimed in as soon as she noticed the uncomfortable look in Xingqiu's eyes, they've learned to work like a team and when should answer who and they could perfectly read each other's expressions, they could practically communicate without having to say a word to each other.

"Oh I believe it will be wonderful! But either way July is far far away while our time here is quite short so I'll start the questions."

Sorry for not being active again and that this chapter is kind of boring imo, I have no idea how to word these things and I'm getting busy again bc of school :')

BUT HOLY MOLY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 30K READS YA'ALL ARE AWESOME!