Chapter 3: Why does it hurt?.

"How can you tell if someone likes you back?."

Xingqiu's pov:
I looked at him in- I don't really know- Shock? Surprise? Pain? Wait no no no- not pain- but- why does my heart aches from that question..

"Sorry to bother you with it- I just tought you maybe could know more about it than me-.."

"Ahaha- I-it's nothing to worry about I just- uh- didn't expect that-" I gave myself a mental slap for stuttering so much and composed myself.
He likes someone and he needs help. It hurts for some reason but he's my best friend. And I want to help him with this.

"Really? Then- do you have any advice?. Anything you know will surely help!"

"Jesus stop being so adorable.." I tought to myself and cleared my throat to NOT stutter this time.

"Well a lot goes into that... Are they a more outgoing or shy person?"

"They're outgoing but kind of quiet at the same time"

"Oh I wish that would be me.." What the heck- snap out of this! He will not forget about his best friend just cause he's gonna be in a relationship-.. It still hurts. Why. He'd never do such things and I know it.

"I see..- basically look for signs like, are they more talkative when they're around you or not, and do they try to interact with you more than with others."

"Okay- what else?"

"Well.. Depending on how outgoibg they're are, holding your hand or using excuses to touch you could also be a sign. Like they greet you with a hug or if that's too bold for them they can also tap your shoulder to get your attention, or wrap their arm around it when you're in a group to show they care for you the most out of all the people."
I replied with the best things and advices I could, we talked about it for a few more minutes and my heart felt like knives were stabbing it continuosly..

"Hey uh- Chongyun- this might sound selfish but.. Would you ever leave me behind once you're in a relationship?."

"Of course not! You're my best friend- I could never leave you behind."
He answered and I let out a small relieved sigh.

[...]

And now after half an hour of just talking together I find myself in my room throwing all the pillows and non breakable items around. I was.. Mad.. But not at Chongyun.. More like at myself.. For-. I don't even know what. I guess because I can't accept that he likes someone?.. But why can't I accept it. I can't bear the tought of seeing him with anyone.. Anyone except.. No.. No I cannot be this arrogant and selfish.. If he's happy I'm happy..
I fall into my bed shoving my face into a pillow that happened to survive my rampage and stay untouched on the bedsheet. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream.. And that's when it hit me..

I love him.. That's why it hurts so bad..

Ayo peeps this chapter is also out finally.
(I'm honestly sorry for the Drarry fans I just barely have motivation but I will not cancel that book don't worry. It's just gonna take a lot of time.)
Soo yeah basically I have an oblivious bratty Xingqiu and an oblivious softie Chongyun rn 😂 I love this ship so much- also please write more comments about what you thought/felt reading this cause I'm hella curious about your opinions (also I'm bored so I have all the time in the world reading comments)
Sorry it was short but that's all my brain had for today. Bai! 💙❄💦