Chapter 5: "What did I do?"

YA'ALL ARE CRAZY THANKS FOR OVER 200 READS-

Chongyun's pov:
   Lately Xingqiu seemed to be more distant.. But only with me, with Xiangling he was pretty much like always.
   Did I do something? Is he doing this on purpose? Am I being a bother? Not to mention I asked him for love advice.. But he said it was fine??? Did I say something? Did I make him think I'll abandon him?? He was so relieved when I told him I wouldn't leave him even if I'm in a relationship, BUT THEN AGAIN HE'S THE ONE I LIKE. I asked him hoping with his advice I could point out if he likes me back.. But ever since then he was getting more and more distant, and even more into books than before, I don't see him around the shops or the restaurant as much, I also don't see him at the Terrace reading.
   Xingqiu you made me tell what's bothering me but you won't tell me what's bothering you?. Do you even trust me?.. Am I being pushy or bad?.
What if..-

   "TEVYAT CALLS CHONGYUN!."
I flinched and shook my head at the loud noise and looked at Hu Tao, she usually forced me to hang out with her when Xiangling and Xingqiu wasn't around.

"Ah!- Sorry, I was thinking..-"

"About what? Is something wrong?"

"No no no it's nothing really-"

"Lies lies lies always the lies, you know that lying won't get you in a good place after you descend!"

"Would be better than the situation I'm in-"
Crap I shouldn't have said that.. Now she won't leave me alone

"Aiyah! Now now what's the matter! Don't be shy spill your heart out!"

".. It's just that, Xingqiu is so distant lately and I don't know what I did wrong-.."

"Oh you foolish boy! You did nothing wrong! It's all on him!"

"No you misunderstand! He never did this! This isn't some sort of ignoring prank I know it, he would be directly around me and make sure that I know he thinks I don't even exist.. This is different.."

"Could it be a love problem?"

"What??-"

"I heard rumours of him having a crush on 'Someone'-"

"What's that has to do with me??"

"You oblivious idiot! You are the one he likes! Xiangling told me about your conversation with him and I pieced things together!"

"Wait wh-"

"Are you really this blind?? He's always so happy and cheerful around youand he's furious when someone tries to hang out with you without him being around! Not to mention, didn't he start stuttering and looked like something's on his mind when you told him you have a crush?"

".. He did..." I muttered thinking back on the day very clearly. He seemed hurt..

"Wait so he was jalous??" I asked finally understanding everything.

"Took you long enough you bafoon! He's head-over-heels for you! He's just good at playing it off as 'super friendly' but he means more!"

   "Thank you Hu Tao! I need to go-" I waved to her as I left, I wasn't quiet sure what I should do but I knew one thing and that is the fact I need to somehow get Xingqiu to talk to me like before, then I can confess, now that I have realized all the signs he left for me I felt confident about my desicions. I ended up at Wanmin Restaurant looking for either Xingqiu or Xiangling, wither would be good right now, the indigo haired could help me if I couldn't find the navy boy.

   Soon enough I have found who I was searching for, Xiangling was in the kitchen area, I rushed in
   "Xiangling have you seen Xingqiu??"

"Why would you ask? You didn't ask for days why do you suddenly care?"

"What the hell are you talking about I just didn't want to bother him! Where is he?? I know he's still talking to you regularly so don't lie to me!."
I felt my face slightly heat up from frustration, I really didn't get what's with her abnormally disgusted and furious tone.

"Tch, why would I tell you? Aren't you gonna search for your crush instead?"

"What?? You know that under the term 'crush' I meant Xingqiu! Don't play dumb with me I'm really not in the mood!"

"Is he really your crush tho, shouldn't you go amd search for him instead od wasting my time then?"

"You- ugh goddamn it! Fine be like that!" I was confused, mad, disappointed and upset as I stormed off of the restaurant.

   The second place I could think of was the Wanwyen (I still don't know how to spell it someone help) bookhouse, I ran there feeling a bit light-headed but overall fine, my anger brought out my yang energy as well, it wasn't the best but I could handle it, right now I just want to find him, I need to find him. I need to talk to him again. I need to sort everything out. I'll deal with Xiangling later.

Xiangling's pov:
  Chongyun's outburst surprised me but I was glad I could finally get more emotion out of the guy, This was part of my plan, I want both of them to feel equally devastated and in the need for each other, I kept telling Xingqiu to stay away from him for the time being to make his patience thinner as well. I think now they reached the right point to meet up and settle everything.

Whoo this chapter is also done! This took me such a short time lmao- I am full of enegry so that's probably why-
Also I have a question, do you want me to make a Diluc × Venti fanfic later on? Or should I do a Childe × Zhongli one? Both? (Tho that would take a while but I could manage lol) So ya tell me if you want to see those!

(Also please spare me from the "Venti has the body of a minor" Thing cause 1. I won't write smut 2. The body Venti has won't age no matter what so why cut him from the choice of loving an adult as he himself is like 2600+ years old, thanks for your understanding)

Now that's all I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 💙❄