Chapter 23: Exams and losses pt3

Kazuha and Scaramouche didn't talk after that, the bell rung and everyone went to their next class, the 12A students going to 12C.
It was pretty uneventful compared to the two classes before this.

But let's go back in time a little and see what the 12B 1st group and 12A 2nd group was doing in these two classes...

   Xingqiu took the seat next to Chongyun as soon as he entered the classroom while Ayaka sat besides Mona and the rest of the people took their place as well.

Their two classes will both be chemistry, as the biggest subject of this course.

   They walked over to the lab and took the tables in pairs of two. Every 12B student had to chose to pair up with a 12A student to help them.
As expected Chongyun and Xingqiu were together and Mona decided to take in Ayaka again. They seemed to get along, a long friendship was predicable.
Sucrose was with Fischl Albedo was with Venti

And as for Pallad... He was with Amber.

   The class begun, they were assigned to make a certain mix of chemicals, but if gone wrong it could cause a smaller explosion, harming the people nearby.

Xingqiu and Chongyun worked swiftly together like the perfect team, Xingqiu helped Chongyun not miss his studies when he was in a coma so quite a few things about chemistry stayed in his mind.

Albedo had a bit of trouble with Venti, but after telling him that he'll get a bottle of cider, the boy became much more helpful.

Mona was working alone with Ayaka curiously studying her steps. They were talking together in the meantime, they got along quite well.

Everyone was doing fine until..

"AAH!"

"AMBER!-"
Mr. Diluc yelled in shock running to the girl who was lying on the floor and covering her face.

"AMBER ARE YOU OKAY!?"
Xingqiu said running up to his classmate, Chongyun following behind. They weren't that close but good classmates care for each other don't they.

"What happened!?"
Ayaka and Mona said in union rushing to them.

"Such horrible tragedy staining this classroom!"
Fischl said, though she talked like  this, almost lost her composure.

"PALLAD WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?."
Albedo yelled running up to the group. After Sucrose's incident he knew very well this was also his fault.

"Everyone quiet down. I'm taking her to the infirmary."
Mr. Diluc said, carefully picking up the poor girl and rushing to the infirmary, he knew that this might even turn into a hospital case.

A worried voice speaks up.

"She is alright but...

She will probably go blind...

The explosion happened very near to her eyes.

The best outcome would be being blind on one eye only."

   Diluc did not hesitate one bit to report this for the principal and gather the teachers to get Pallad expelled.
First he gives animal ears to his classmate. Then they get reports of him bullying Chongyun. And now he makes a student go blind.

This was more than enough reasons to get him out of here.

"Amber! oh my god so it's true!"
Lumine says and she hugs the girl tightly who came back a week later.

The exams were over. Amber got time to delay hers due to the accident.

Amber hugged back tightly, she could recognize Lumine's voice even from miles away.

"I'm so sorry that this happened.. If only I was there.."
Lumine was Amber's best friend. They both defended each other everytime, they were inseparable since 2nd year.

"Lumine please don't beat yourself over it.. I'll be fine!. Besides at least we're here. That's what matters doesn't it?."

The hold on Amber tightened and Lumine started sobbing. They were planning to travel together around all over the world. See everything. Amber always loved to look around anywhere they went, travel, live in the moment. But now she can't see all the beautiful places they will go to..

Every summer the two of them and Aether went in different countries to see.

So far they have been to France and Germany.
This year's plan was a shorter trip to Hawaii.

"What about our dream..?"

"Well.. At least I still have my other senses! That should be good enough right?"

"You're so optimistic.."

"I can't cry forever about being blind. I need to live with it. And you're here to help me trough this. So I have no doubts that my dream will still go on!"

"You're gonna make me cry even more Amber-"

"Ah- sorryyy!"

The two girls let out a bitter laugh.

At least nothing else could happen to the people in the school now. Pallad is expelled.

He purposefully mixed things the wrong way and then let Amber watch over it as it settles. And then all of a sudden the explosion went right in Amber's face, her vision became blurrier and darker.
The next thing she knew she was being carried, only half concious.

It was horrifying. Her vision was slowly fading as she was laying on a bed, hearing muffled sounds of two people talking.

The doctor told her what might happen, she cried herself to sleep that night at the hospital.

The last thing she got to see was the dark hospital room..

Because when she woke up.

She could never see the light morning room.

He parents were probably standing besides her.

Tears rained down on her face when she realized..

She really had gone blind.

She almost pushed her parents away when they hugged her so suddenly.

She was terrified.

She couldn't see anything.

Even though her eyes were open.

Even though she was awake.

The only thing she could see was a black void now.

*Prepares to get raided in the comments*
Heyy... At least Pallad is expelled now...--