Chapter 5: Victorious Vietnam

Seb pulled his suitcase as he and the team had landed at Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi. For the very first time, one of the Southeast Asian countries, Vietnam was going to host an F1 race. The circuit itself was actually a street circuit.

Vietnam hadn't had a big F1 fan base, so that was why there were only a few people who waited to meet the F1 drivers at the airport, a complete opposite of China or Japan.

Seb left his suitcase next to Antti and started signing some stuffs. Some fans also took photos with him. It was a very long flight, for sure, but he didn't want to disappoint them.

"Seb, here's a souvenir for you," a fan said before he gave him a goodie bag.

"What's this?" he asked while receiving the bag. As he was so curious, he took what was inside.

He opened it and he was amazed to know that it was a Vietnamese hand embroidery of Hanoi scenery. Besides, there was also another stuff, and the fan explained.

"It is sand painting, Seb."

"Did you make it by yourself? How?"

He nodded. "Yes, I did. First, I drew a sketch of your face on one of the glass panes. Then, I poured the colourful sand between these two glass panes. I needed some tools like small scoop, funnel, and a stick to make it."

"Wow! I mean, I believe that you needed high attention to details. It must be difficult. You are very talented," Seb praised his fan.

"Thank you, Seb."

He promised himself that when he arrived home, he was going to put the sand painting with his picture on a nightstand in his bedroom. He thanked him once again before he and Antti started leaving the airport.

Seb and Antti were picked up by a driver who drove a Ferrari Portofino car. On the way to the hotel, he asked a lot of things about the country to the driver who spoke English quite fluently.

It took around 40 minutes from the airport to the hotel. But of course with a sports car, it could be faster. Ferrari team members were going to stay at Hyatt Regency West Hanoi, which was one of the closest hotels to the circuit. As they finally arrived, the driver dropped them off in front of the lobby. They thanked him after they took their respective bags.

"What a day!" Seb said as he felt a little exhausted.

"You can take a rest right after we have dinner. Tomorrow, we are going to the gym."

"What time should I be ready for tomorrow?"

"I'll see you at 8," Antti replied.

"Alright."

Seb and Antti was about to walk to the elevator when they met Erika. She was the first to greet them. "Hi, Seb, Antti!"

"Hi!" Seb and Antti answered simultaneously.

"Where do you both stay at?"

"Our rooms are on the 17th floor. Why?"

Seb answered her curtly, but she tried to remain calm. She expected that he was only exhausted. "Nothing, I was just asking. By the way, you still have a little bit of time to rest and we are going to have dinner at 8.30 tonight."

"Thanks for telling. Now I should go to my room," Seb said before he walked away. Antti quickly followed him.

While, Erika couldn't stop staring at the man whom she really adored. She felt that it would be difficult for her to get closer to him, but she knew that she could do it, sooner or later.

Seb pressed the up button when he and Antti had been in the elevator. While waiting, the Finnish asked him, "I'm sorry to ask this, Seb, but it seems like you don't like talking to Erika. Why is that?"