Chapter 14: Truth Hurts

On Tuesday, two days after the Canadian GP, Seb and Antti finally went to Stefan's house. He went with a happy feeling as he had just won the race in Montreal. If he hadn't been awarded with 5-second time penalty in the previous year, he would've been the winner of Canadian GP for three seasons in-a-row.

Antti was driving Seb's Ferrari California T car. It was clearly a long journey from Thurgau, Switzerland, to Düsseldorf, Germany. The distance was approximately 600 km, so that was why they drove the car alternately.

The time was around a quarter past two in the afternoon. Seb was checking the maps on an infotainment screen on his car that was connected to his iPhone through USB port. It was said that they were getting closer to Stefan's house.

Some minutes later, the voice on the maps told them that they had arrived at the location they were looking for. "So, is this Stefan's house?"

Antti observed the house and found a car there. "I think so. There's a car there. It's very possible that Samantha lives here again after her husband passed away."

"Okay. Now just park the car there."

Antti did as Seb asked. He parked the car in front of the iron fence. Then, both of them got out of the car. Seb didn't forget to bring the goodie bag.

Sam, Magda, and Stefan were having a chat in the living room. While, Flo was sleeping in Sam's room. They kept talking until they heard someone opening the fence.

"Stefan, someone is opening the fence," Magda said.

"Yes, I heard it too, Magda." Not long after, someone pressed the doorbell. "I should check who that is."

Stefan got up from the couch and walked to the front of his house. He unlocked and opened the door. He was startled when he saw two men who came to his house.

"Stefan," Seb smiled.

"Sebastian." Stefan shook hands with him.

"Yeah, I know that my arrival here surprises you. Erm, I also bring my trainer, Antti."

Stefan nodded. "Of course I know. Hi, Antti! How are you?"

Antti shook hands with Stefan. "I'm good, Stefan, thanks."

"Please come in," Stefan asked Seb and Antti to enter his house although he was still confused. Seb and Antti followed him behind. Then, he asked them to have a seat. "Wait a minute, I'm gonna tell my wife and daughter first."

Seb and Antti smiled at him as they agreed. Stefan then walked back to the living room. Sam and Magda were still there, waiting for him to explain who had come.

"Who is that, Stefan?" Magda asked her husband.

"Erm... Sebastian."

Sam was surprised to hear the name. "Please don't kid, Papa."

"Sam, I'm sorry but I don't. Sebastian is here with his trainer."

Sam shook her head. "How come? How can he know where we live at?"

"I swear that I don't know, Sam. I'll ask them about it later." Then, Stefan asked Magda, "Magda, please serve the drinks for Seb and Antti."

"I'll be in the kitchen," Magda whispered to Sam before she left.

Stefan took some steps before he lifted Sam's hand. "Come on, Sam."

She slowly released it from him. "I don't know, Papa. I don't want him to find out about my blindness."

"Can you please stand up?" Stefan held both of Sam's hands to help her to get up. "Sam, listen to me. What makes you so embarrassed if Seb finds out about that? If he feels sorry for you, it's normal. But it doesn't mean that he thinks of you as a weak person. As a fan, you always support him through thick and thin. And I believe that he will do the same to his supporters, his fans."