Chapter 12: Surprising Fact

It had been a week and two days since Britta sent Stefan an e-mail. But unfortunately, there wasn't any response. She wasn't sure if he barely checked his e-mail or there were too many e-mails on his inbox that he hadn't bothered to open it.

That made Seb think out loud to find any solution. He didn't want to give up. He kept thinking if there were more ways to know where Sam lived at and came there.

At his house in Switzerland, after grabbing some decent points with finishing second at Monaco GP two days ago, where Red Bull Racing finally got their first win of the season thanks to Max's consistent performance from pole to P1, Seb had been back to training mode with Antti. They used his treadmills that were set inside his gym room.

As Seb needed to rest for a while, he turned his treadmill off and walked to take his towel. Antti shortly followed and both of them sat on the chairs there. They both drank some mineral water as they surely felt thirsty. After that, Antti took his phone as he was checking if his wife, Madeleine, messaged him.

Then, Seb looked at him who still focused on his phone. "Are you texting Maddie?"

"Yeah, I am." Just hearing her nickname had made him smile. "She is asking when I'll be back to Finland."

"Okay," Seb nodded. Then, he started thinking. An idea suddenly came to his mind. "Sorry, Antti. You said to me weeks ago that you've created an Instagram account, right?"

Antti glanced at him. "That's true. Why?"

"Erm," Seb wasn't sure if it would work. "Can you please help me?"

Antti finally understood what he meant. He could feel that Seb was very adamant to find out about Samantha and her family. "Sure. What do you want me to do?"

"Can you search her name on Instagram?" Seb really hoped that she was social media person, unlike himself.

Antti nodded. "I'll do."

"Thanks, Antti."

Then, Antti clicked the Instagram icon on his phone. He still remembered Samantha's name, both with her father's and her supposedly husband's surnames.

"Ah! I think I found it!" Antti told Seb right after he typed her name.

"Really?"

Antti held his phone while making sure that Seb could see it and they looked at it together. They were sure that it was her account. Sam proudly used her husband's surname there, Samantha Zimmermann, and her username was @samadler_z.

"I'm sure that it's her account! Please check it!" Seb asked him.

On the bio, she wrote, 'Proud wife of @jozimmermann♡'. That sentence was like a confirmation to him that she was married. Again, it hurted him a little to know that she had found someone.

Then, Antti tapped on her latest post. The post was a photo of the couple where Samantha smiled so broadly and closed her eyes, while her husband wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed her head. Surprisingly, the photo used black and white effect. Seb and Antti read the caption together which was quite long.

@samadler_z Hi, everyone! I'm Stefan, Samantha's father. I want to inform you all that Sam will be inactive on all social media accounts she has (Instagram and Twitter) until an uncertain time.

Here, I regrettably tell you that around a month ago, Sam and her husband, Jonas (@jozimmermann) had a fatal car accident. Unfortunately, Jonas passed away after he was in a coma for a week. Sam was also in a coma for about two weeks. Now, she is in a recovery time but sadly, she has lost her sight.