Chapter 18: Revisit

Sam was listening to the news on the television. While, Magda was bathing Flo, something that Sam should've done if she wasn't blind. She was recalling the moment Seb told her that she had been given by God the second chance to live after the car accident and she should start her new life which began with doing the surgery for both of her eyes.

A lot of questions kept spinning on her mind. Should she start considering it? Should she start talking about it to her parents? She was the only one who had to decide what the answers were yet she still had no idea.

She was a little startled when she heard someone press the doorbell. She didn't even hear that the person opened the fence to enter her house.

"Mama!" she called Magda, but her mother didn't listen as she was still inside the bathroom with Flo. "Maybe Papa forgets to bring something."

Sam decided to open the door by herself. She walked with the help of her white cane. It was still around 9 in the morning, so she thought that it must be either Stefan or one of her neighbours. It couldn't be a stranger, she was sure of that. She took a deep breath before unlocking the door.

"Papa, is that you?" No answer from the person. She thought that she was probably wrong. "Sorry, but who are you?" She frowned as the person hadn't spoken. But then, she smelled the very familiar citrus scented perfume. The same perfume she smelled back in Zandvoort. It couldn't be him! "Seb?"

He chuckled. "How can you know that it is me?"

She was suddenly very shy. She couldn't tell him that she remembered the smell of his perfume. "I... I was just guessing. Are you really Seb?"

"Yes, it's me. How are you, Sam? You said that I can always visit your house again."

"I'm great, thanks," she smiled at him. "Of course you can. Please come in."

Seb followed her to enter the house but before that, he helped to close the door. Then, he heard that Sam was calling her mother. "Where is your mother?"

"She is bathing Flo. Maybe they will finish soon," Sam explained.

"It's fine, let's just wait here. Erm, may I help you to sit down?"

She just nodded. She held her cane with her left hand, while her right one was reaching Seb's hand. He could feel that she was a little tense, probably because she was nervous. When she had sat down, he took his own seat on the other side, facing each other.

"When did you come to Germany?" she asked, starting a conversation with him.

"After the race in Austria last weekend, I went straight to Heppenheim as my parents and little brother, Fabian, attended it. Then last night, I went here. So, I haven't gone back home," he laughed a little.

"Oh," Sam also laughed. "It's been Thursday, so when will you go home? I believe that you have to work in Maranello before you go to Silverstone next weekend."

"I'll go home tomorrow morning and be there for a few days. Then I'll work on simulator next week, on Monday and Tuesday. So, I will fly to England from Italy with my team."

She nodded as she understood that how hectic his schedules must be. Then, she heard Magda calling her. "Mama, I'm here, at the guest room."

Magda walked while carrying Flo in her arms. How surprised she was to know that Seb was there with Sam. "Oh, Sebastian! I didn't know that you'd come. How are you?"

He quickly stood up and shook hands with her. "I'm fine, thank you. What about you?"

"I'm doing well, thanks."