Chapter 19: The Plan

That was it. Seb couldn't hide it anymore. He admitted himself that he had fallen for her. After meeting her daughter for the first time, he could suddenly feel that the instinct to protect them was very strong.

He felt so welcomed by her parents and that was important too. He talked to her mother and father like they were old friends, like they knew each other for a long time.

But, he didn't know when he should confess about his feeling to her. Losing someone who had been a husband to her must be the most difficult thing. He wondered if she would open her heart again for somebody.

In the past, he had had a relationship with Lea, one of his childhood friends. They started dating in 2005. After they graduated a year after, she continued her study at a culinary school in Paris.

At first, they were used to have a long distance relationship. But after she finished her study in 2010, she was immediately recruited by a hotel in Normandy as the sous chef, which meant that she would possibly live in the country for longer.

Developing her cooking talent in France had always been a part of her dreams. When someone had reached one thing, they sometimes had to sacrifice others. After deliberating, Seb and Lea agreed to part ways, but they were still friends and would always support each other. The last thing he heard from her was that she was expecting her first child with her partner, and he was happy to hear it.

Since he broke up with Lea, Seb preferred to focus on his racing career first. He had almost no time to think about starting a serious relationship with another woman. But, as his career after 2020 season was still uncertain, he thought that he could start thinking about it.

As he realized that he was still at the car park, inside his Ferrari California T, he quickly got out of his car and walked to the hotel. He booked a room at KEMPE Komfort Hotel, the same hotel where he stayed at with Antti and Britta when he attended the meet and greet at Puma Store.

Inside his room, he couldn't stop thinking. He wanted to confess what he felt about her in the near time, but he was afraid if she would reject him because it was too soon for her. But at least he tried, and he would try again next time.

Britta. Yes, he was going to call her. He really hoped that she could give him some advices he needed. He searched for her number and tapped dial button.

"Seb, what happened? Is there something that I can help?" Britta asked when she picked up the phone.

"Yes, I really need your help. I... I think that I like Samantha. I can't deny it anymore," he confessed.

She wasn't surprised as she could feel something every time he talked about Sam. But at the same time, she didn't expect that he decided to tell the truth to her through phone call.

"What makes you finally admit it? You have met her today, haven't you?"

He nodded, although she couldn't see. "I have. And I've finally met her daughter too. When I saw her, there was a sudden feeling that I want to be someone they always rely on. I want to be someone who can always protect them. It just suddenly appeared when I saw Florentia's face."

"I can understand that, Seb, considering that she was only a year old when her father died. And what's your problem now?"

"The main question is when. When should I confess it to Sam? I don't know if she has been ready to have a relationship with somebody after she lost her husband."

She sighed. She wanted to help him to think, but her own love story wasn't the best either. She was still single as she fully dedicated herself on her career, travelling around the world with her client that was none other than a 4-time F1 world champion.