Chapter 16: The Letter

"What if we talk about you now? It seems like you've found someone," Magda asked Antti as she noticed that he was wearing a golden ring.

"Ah yeah, you're right," Antti replied, smiling sheepishly. "I got married last year."

"Where is she from?"

"She's an Austrian, but since we got married, we live at my house in Finland."

"So nice to know that," she nodded but then suddenly smiled miserably. "I'm really sad to see Sam like this. She should've been enjoying her beautiful life with Jonas and Florentia, their daughter."

Stefan was stroking her back gently. It was the toughest test in both of their lives as her parents. "Sam was utterly in love with Jonas, and vice versa. They knew each other when they studied at the same university. He was two years above her. I didn't know that it would end like this."

Magda added while her eyes started teary. "Maybe she can fully heal physically, but not mentally. I don't know if she still knows how to love someone after everything that happened to her."

"I'm sure that she does," Antti replied as he could feel the sadness from the couple's voices. "Maybe it will take some time, but if she feels so loved by people around her, then she can start loving someone again."

"I agree with you," Stefan nodded. "Thank you, Antti."

The door opened as Seb and Sam had been back from the front yard. Magda, Stefan, and Antti welcomed them with smiles. They could see that her face was so bright and it must be because she only talked fun things with her idol.

Stefan stood up to help Sam having her seat again between her parents. Seb also took a seat on the space where he left minutes ago before he smiled at his trainer.

"Sam is a fun person to talk to. She told me an interesting story about you both betting on who was going to win the title 10 years ago," Seb talked to Stefan.

"Oh yeah," he laughed. "As a Ferrari fan, I'm sorry, Seb, but I supported Fernando that time. But Sam was obviously on your side. If you won the title, I promised to buy her your champion t-shirt and vice versa. Some weeks after the race, I kept my promise."

"I'm sorry if I upset you that year," Seb joked.

All of them, including Stefan laughed. "No, Seb, don't worry. Huge respect for you to win your first title in a tough season."

"Thank you, Stefan." Then, Seb took the goodie bag and handed it to him. "Erm, as you know that my main purpose to come here is to give you this. I hope that you and Sam like it."

"Of course we do. Thanks a lot, Seb."

Sam also smiled, even though she didn't know if she directed her eyes to look at Seb, Antti, or neither of them. "I still can't believe that you have to give it by yourself."

"No problem, Sam. I love to make friends with people, to be honest, and I feel so welcomed here."

"By the way, will you stay here, Seb?"

"Yes, Magda, but just overnight. We should be back to Switzerland tomorrow because I'll spend my weekend in Maranello before the next race in France," he explained. "I've asked Sam if I'm allowed to visit you all again next time. But I think that I need to ask you too."

"Of course you can, Seb. It's just that we are not used to be visited by a famous person before," Stefan replied.

"I'm only an ordinary person, like you all. Please don't treat me as a special guest." Although Seb didn't want to say goodbye so early, but he thought that it was time for him and Antti to leave. "Stefan, Magda, Sam, I'm so sorry but Antti and I should go now."