Chapter 15: Getting Familiar

Seb was waiting for Sam to respond. He wanted to know more of her as one of his fans, but he didn't want to think much if that could lead to something more between them in the future. Then, he looked at her as she was about to speak.

"Yes, I'm gonna go outside," Sam smiled slightly.

He and Stefan got up from the couch. Stefan helped Sam to stand and walk until Seb held her. Then, he brought her out of the house. There was a wooden garden swing there. He helped her to sit down before he took his own seat next to her.

Seb could feel that Sam was quite nervous. "Hey, don't be nervous. I won't bite."

He tried to break the ice with throwing a joke with the hope that she wouldn't be too shy to talk to him. And he succeeded. He could see her laugh.

"I just... I still can't believe that my favourite driver comes to my house and... wants to talk to me. It feels like a dream. It must be a dream for all of your fans."

"It's not a dream, Sam," Seb laughed as well. "By the way, since when did you follow Formula 1?"

"My father is a big fan of your team since 70s, if you still remember what he said in Zandvoort. He always watches the races at home and he's the reason I like F1 as well. Maybe I'm a bit late, I started noticing you after you won the 2008 Italian GP and supporting you since 2010."

"That was 10 years ago! It's quite a long time, Sam."

"Yeah," Sam smiled. "Abu Dhabi GP that year was really intense. My father definitely supported Fernando, while I still believed that you would end the season as a champion. We even bet! If you became the champion, he would buy me your champion t-shirt, and vice versa."

"You should thank me because I won the title, so Stefan bought you the t-shirt."

Sam knew that she was supporting the right driver. He had an amazing personality. He knew how to make her laugh. "Yes, you're right. Thanks for working so hard until you got 4 titles in-a-row. Those are amazing achievements and I'm really proud of you."

Sam didn't know that Seb blushed as he was praised by her. "I'm glad that I can make my fans happy and proud. What about your husband? Did he like F1 too?" When Seb realized that he had probably upset her, he apologized, "Sam, I'm sorry that I-"

"Don't be, Seb. My husband didn't really follow Formula 1. He liked football more, especially Bundesliga. But he obviously knew German drivers such as Schumacher, Rosberg, and of course you. He also knew that I support you. He always accompanied me whenever I watched the race."

Seb smiled miserably. "I know that it's hard to lose someone you really love. I've lost my grandparents and it still hurts."

"I agree, Seb. I never imagined that I would lose my husband so soon. But thankfully, I still have my own parents, Flo, and also Jonas' family."

Seb frowned. "Flo?"

"Florentia, our daughter," Sam told him.

"Oh," Seb nodded. "She must be as beautiful as her name."

"Thank you," Sam smiled as Seb praised her daughter's name. "Florentia means flourishing, prosperous, and also flowering. Jonas and I always hope that she will be beautiful inside and out, just like the blooming flowers."

After knowing that Sam had lost her husband and they were blessed with a daughter, Seb didn't know if he would have a chance to get closer to her. Jonas must be irreplaceable for her, he thought to himself.

Seb slowly shook his head. He shouldn't have to think about that yet. He had just known her. He was an idol to her and she was a fan to him. He would let their relationship progress slowly.