Prologue

May 2019

Samantha Zimmermann, who was previously named Samantha Adler before she took her husband's surname, was looking at her beautiful figure in the mirror. She was going to have a romantic dinner with her husband, Jonas, as they would celebrate their 8th anniversary since they started having a relationship.

They dated for almost 5 years since May 2011 and then they got married in February 2016 when they both felt ready. Their marriage was getting complete as their daughter was born in April 2018.

They lived in Düsseldorf, the seventh-largest city in Germany. They had known each other since they studied at the same university which was Hochschule Düsseldorf.

"Süsse," Jonas called his wife while hugging her from behind. "You look so beautiful today."

"Only today?" Sam, her nickname, raised her brows. She could hear him chuckle.

"Of course every day, without a doubt." The scent of her perfume intoxicated him. "Are you ready?"

"I am. Let me take Flo and her diaper bag first."

Sam and Jonas left their shared room. He told her that he would wait in the guest room. While, she walked to the room of her 1-year-old daughter, Florentia.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Sam greeted Flo, and she replied with her little smile. "Mama and Papa will go somewhere. While we are away, you can play with your Oma, Opa, and also your aunt."

Sam knew that Flo wouldn't reply. But she smiled when she clapped her tiny hands as if she understood that she would come to her grandparents' house. She re-checked all stuffs that would be needed in her daughter's diaper bag before she brought it. Then, she held her in her arms and left the room.

"Ah, meine Prinzessin!" Jonas welcomed his only daughter. "Sam, let me hold her."

Jonas took Flo from her mother and they started walking out of their house. Sam locked the door while her husband put their daughter on the baby seat inside their car.

It took about 10 minutes to go to Jonas' parents' house. He had told his parents about his plan, and they were so happy to take care of Flo. His little sister, Joanne would also welcome her niece.

"We have arrived!" Jonas said after he turned his car off.

"Yeah." Then, Sam glanced at Flo behind. "Seems like baby Flo can't wait to meet her grandparents and aunt."

"Let's go!"

When the couple got out of their car, Jonas opened the passenger door to take Flo out, while Sam carried her diaper bag. She pressed the doorbell and it didn't take too long until someone opened the door for them.

"Here they are! Come in," Bertina, Jonas' mother, welcomed them.

Sam and Jonas followed Bertina behind. They walked to the living room where Robert, Jonas' father, and Joanne were waiting for them. "My baby Flo!" Joanne stood up from the couch and she gave her hands to bring Flo from her brother. She gave her some kisses which made her giggle. Then, all of them sat down.

"How are you, Jonas, Samantha?" Robert asked them.

"We are fine, Papa," Jonas replied him, while Sam just smiled at her father-in-law. "As I said, Sam and I will have dinner together somewhere. I hope that you all don't mind if we leave Flo for some hours here."

"Of course we don't. Flo is our grandchild and we are more than happy to take care of her."

They talked for about a quarter of an hour. Then, when Jonas felt that it was time to go with Sam, he said goodbye to his family. "Mama, Papa, Joanne, I think that it's time for us to go," he told them.