Chapter 7: Mysterious Woman

Going back to Switzerland with Britta and Antti after winning the Dutch GP, Seb couldn't stop thinking about the woman whom he met at the circuit.

There was something about her, he was sure about that, but he didn't know what that was. He shook his head as it was the first time for him to face that kind of strange feeling about a woman.

The only things that he knew were her name, her father's name, and where they were from. He didn't know exactly where, but they were surely Germans just like him.

After picking up their suitcases, Seb with his press officer and personal trainer walked to the airport parking lot where he parked his car for a short term.

It took around an hour for them to go to his house in Canton of Thurgau. He turned the engine of his car on and started driving.

At first, Antti offered to drive the car, but Seb rejected. He felt that there was something that was bothering his driver's mind. Without him knowing, Britta had the same thought.

"Seb, do you mind if I ask you something?" Antti started the conversation.

"No," Seb replied. "Just fire it away."

"Are you thinking about something? I don't know but I feel that there's something bothering you."

"Antti, I thought that I was the only one who thinks about that," Britta joined in the talks.

Seb smiled slightly. "No, it's nothing. Don't worry about me."

Antti decided not to force Seb to speak. But he was ready to listen if he wanted to share it to him and Britta. "Fine. But you can talk to me or Britta if there's something that you'd like to share."

"I agree with Antti. It's just that I feel that you are a little different. You've just won the race, Seb. You are now trying to reach your dream for the final time. Don't let anything distract your mind," Britta spoke wisely, which was the side of her that Seb liked.

He didn't know if it was right for him to speak about the woman to Antti and Britta. They could laugh at him for thinking about a woman whom he didn't even know. Or they could probably ask him to forget about her, which was a difficult thing to do.

"Is it about Erika?" Antti suddenly asked.

Hearing the question made Seb burst in laugh. "How the hell did you think that she is on my mind right now?"

"Seb, behave!" Britta warned him for swearing.

"Oops," Seb chuckled. "Sorry, Antti. I'm surprised that you asked me that. She will never be on my mind."

Britta frowned. She didn't understand how Seb could say that. She wondered if he wasn't impressed with their new colleague in the team.

"I'm sorry, Seb. Did you just say that she will never be on your mind? Why is that? Do you not like her?"

"It's an old news, Britta," Antti laughed as he knew that Seb disliked Erika. "You haven't heard anything from Seb?"

"What's with Erika, Seb? Why does Antti know something that I don't?"

"We don't talk about Erika now. Not here," Seb said firmly. "I admit that there is something that I want to talk to you both. What if you just wait until we arrive home?"

"Yeah, of course, Seb," Britta replied.

As Seb had said so, it meant that he would reveal about the woman to Antti and Britta. He didn't care how they would respond about it.

---

As Seb was too tired after the race, he decided not to talk about Samantha to Antti and Britta. After all, both of them would be staying until Wednesday before they flew to Barcelona, so he felt that there were still some time to finally talk about her to them.