Trust

Sang's POV

Well....this is awkward.

I had came into the living room to all nine of them taking up random area's of the room several minutes ago and other than Owen offering me a seat on the couch, which i declined and took up spot next to the door for a quick escape if needed, no one had spoke.

The awkwardness was strong in here.

''Screw this, tell us what exactly happened back at the mall''

North yelled causing me to roll my eyes

''I was possessed, i don't know anything that happened between the spirit jumping my body and waking up here''

I snapped back at North, i wasn't in the mood for his attitude.

''You know what i mean Sang Baby, the fucking thing just left your body as soon as Owen grabbed your wrist, thing was all set for killing us and yet bam....gone''

I glanced away from them all as my eyes aimed towards the front door, at least i had an escape ready.

''I can't''

I muttered quietly but from the tension that suddenly built up within the room they heard what i said and i quickly raised my hand to quiet any outburst that was due to happen, cough North cough.

''I don't fully understand what's happening, all i know is for some strange reason whenever i touch any of you it stop's...whatever the hell i have''

I glanced towards them meeting several confused eyes.

Join the club.

''Has this ever happened before?''

Owen asked to which i shook my head.

''No, for some reason you nine are able to block my sight of the dead as well immediately expel the ones that decide to use my body for a joyride...''

''So that's what the high fives were about?''

Victor asked as i looked away once more this time from shame from the constant string of lies i fed them.

''Why didn't you tell us this straight away?''

Kota spoke this time and all i could do was bite my lip in response.

''Trouble obvs didn't trust us, you gotta remember Trouble isn't like us lot, she can't feel the fucking...Trouble literally just met us....''

''That's not exactly it....''

I added after Gabriel's words  as i let out a audible sigh.

''As soon as you lot learned what i could do and mentioned about helping....''

I stopped my word's glancing towards them.

''Ah, you thought if we knew about this we would use it in a way to persuade you to help us?''

Owen asked to which i nodded

''I mean....do you blame me? my experience is people tend to go running in the other direction when they learn what i see and the ones who didn't run.....''

I paused flinching as i remember the woman who used what i could do as a reason to hurt me more.

''I didn't tell you because i didn't want you to use it against me''

Silence is met with my words and as i glanced up i was surprised at the towering North who had silently made his way in front of me as he placed his left arm on the side of the door frame next to my head his eyes almost piercing as they looked down at me.

''I get it, trust is hard, we don't know anything about each other but i promise Sang Baby, I...we...would never make you do something you didn't want too....''

I silently gulped as i looked up at the giant man who most of the time i had known him had either been yelling or acting like a caveman as his words hit deep within me.

Did he really mean what he said?

I almost flinched when he moved his other hand towards my face touching my cheek almost identically to Luke a ghost of a smile on his lips before he pushed himself backwards.

''North is right, we may have just met but you can trust us Sang''

I was surprised at Luke using my name and i couldn't help but feel worse for originally lying to him.

''I'm sorry''

I softly said in his direction as he gave an overdramatic stretch.

''Don't worry Cupcake...i understand why you did it''

''How about you join us for dinner Miss Sorenson?''

I glanced at Owen in surprise

''You can explain more about what happens with our touch and we can see how we can be of help to you, all we ask is....''

I bit my lip once more to stop myself from uttering the words my mind feared Owen would say next.

''That you try to trust us''

I was surprised at his words, i was sure this was the moment i was dreading, was so sure he was going to say how i could help them in return, but instead he simply asked for me to try to trust them, i was unable to bring words to my lips from the surprise so i silently nodded just as Luke hoped over towards me and North.

''What would you like to eat Cupcake?''

''I will be make a proper dinner, Sang Baby needs something proper to eat not any of the crap you are no doubt thinking off''

North scolded and i couldn't help the small smile the graced my lips as Luke pouted towards him.

''Are you allergic to anything Sang Baby?''

North asked turning his attention back to me as i shook my head and obviously happy at this North headed out the door making his way to where i assumed was the kitchen.

''Why don't you sit Sang?''

Nathan asked patting the couch seat next to him this time i willingly took up the seating invite since i no longer had the sudden need of a quick escape and as i made my way over to Nathan i silently agreed to give these nine men the benifit of the doubt.

I will try to trust them.