I See Dead People

Edited 18/09/20

Don't look.

Don't look.

Seriously don't look.

I once again go against my mind's smart advice and glance up at the haggard old lady standing in my living room wearing only a nightgown and floating a feet off the ground.

Oh in case you didn't know, she's dead. No i did not kill her, though right now if you could kill the dead i may be tempted to since the damn lady won't leave me alone.

She's not the only one, there's several around the house, one in every room basically.

''Please...help...''

I groan out loud as i hear the familiar words coming out the old lady's mouth. I'm not cold hearted or anything and i do try to help when i can but this particular lady's problem is to go to her no good gambling son and in her words

'Give him a good ass kicking'

And no mater how many times i say no, she like other's who constantly want me to do thing's for them simply hang around twenty four seven, hoping to persuade me or try and take over my body once i fall asleep. Hence why it's almost 5am in the morning and for the third day in a row...i haven't slept a wink.

''Please...help...''

''SHUT UP!'

I yell at her slumping further down the second hand brown leather couch as my hands ran down my face.

I am so tired.

''I am not giving your son an ass kicking so leave me alone''

I know my words are a waste of breath, she's been bothering me now for three week's and despite having just moved from Illinois, where she originally found me, to Charleston, she still think's she can either annoy me or try and possess my body to deal with her son.

I let out a deep breath as the lady now start's to moan about helping knock sense into her boy but i just tune her out, a skill i learned to develop over the last four years because believe it or not, until four years ago, i wasn't able to see the dead.

When i was 13 my stepmother had snapped and almost killed me, after suffering years of abuse simply because of the actions of my father she finally almost did what she always wanted to do with me, kill me. I don't know what happened when i blacked out, the last thing i remember is coming to terms that this was it for me and next thing i'm in my bed hooked up to medical equipment my father acquired at work, he's a doctor you see.

Why didn't he just take me to a hospital? well that's another story.

I had been in a coma for three months and my father had watched over me as my own 'personal doctor'. It was that night i learned that the dead walk among us.

I was so scared, but i had no one to talk too, as soon as i was awake and on my feet my father went back to never being around and i was once again left to the abuse of my stepmother. After several incidents i had learned when i was at my weakest,for example after my stepmother's abuse or fell asleep the damn things, i was hoping was just a side effect to being coma girl for three months, would hope into my body and take it for a joyride.

It wasn't until a couple month's later did a young female spirit came to me and instead of bothering me like the rest or trying to hijack my body, taught me about my 'abilities' as well as teach me that it the dead weren't the only unnatural thing in the world.

That's right, all those stories on Demon's,Vampire's,Werewolves and more weren't actually stories but real.

''Look here girly i need you to stop pissing about and destroy those damn photo's!''

Ah Mr Affair is back.

I glance up at the 5ft8 male ghost who was looking down at me from behind the couch, he was in his late forties, with short brown hair,dull angry brown eyes and wore a cheap black suit that had a few holes covered in red stains.

He had been shot.

Mr Affair was killed for being as i like to say, stupid. He got way over his head with involvement with a local gang and stole money which got him in the situation he is in now but he didn't care for the revenge or that no, he wanted me to sneak into his home and destroy the photo's that showed him with multiple different women that he was originally being blackmailed about just before his death.

''I'm not getting rid of your dirty deeds, besides your house is over 6 hours away!''

I yelled at him, there's only so much tuning out you can do.

''Lazy ass kid's these days''

Seriously need to find a ghost gun or something...just to at least scare them off.

Wait are ghost gun's a thing?

I shake my head free from the thought's as i drag myself off the couch and head towards the kitchen for my seventh cup of coffee in the past 2 hours.

Don't judge, how else am i to stay awake?

I glance at the digital clock on my microwave noting it was only 5:45 in the morning, i didn't have to be at school until 8:30, i couldn't go for a shower thanks to Pervy McPervster that was currently occupying the upstairs bathroom  so that ruled out that idea, which sucked since a nice cold shower would help waken me up.

Running a hand through my messy blonde hair i waited for the kettle to finish boiling, as much as i would love to make a great impression at my first day of school, one of the damn spirits had taken my brush refusing to tell me where it was until i promise to let her possess me so she could 'party one last time' and i was stuck wearing the three day baggy old t-shirt i had found in a secondhand store, it was of some band but the words were faded so i didn't know who it could be and faded blue skinny's due to not being able to change thanks to Pervy McPervster.

At least i wont have to worry about scaring off potential friends and having people think i'm a freak since, i'm sure the worn out homeless look i'm currently rocking will keep people at least 5 feet away from me.

As much as i would love to be like every other girl my age, truth is i'll never get to be normal thanks to my newly found ability, i wont get to make friends without scaring them off and having them think i'm a freak, i won't get a good night's sleep so i can stop looking like an extra from the walking dead and worst of all i'll never get to have a boyfriend...or a family.

No guy is gonna want a girl that see's the dead.