Scary-oke-Part One

It was midnight, and everything appeared peaceful in Zero Gravity Town. Until a faint blue glow admitted from a particular shack.

Deep inside the building, standing in it's basement, was Bill Cipher.

His hands glided cautiously over the control panel, as he read the blueprints carefully.

"Where the hell am I suppose to find radioactive waste?" Bill muttered.

"We'll figure it out."

The blond glowered at the other across the room, a brown goat. "If I'm going to work with you, can you at least tell me your real name?"

"You know me as Gompers, so for now I am Gompers," The animal replied, telepathically without moving his mouth.

"What about this machine, huh?" Bill demanded, tired of the secretive goat. "How exactly is it going to help us?"

"It's better if I show you," Gompers insisted. "And that requires us finishing this little project of ours."

Bill gritted his teeth. It had been a few days since he discovered this basement, and that Gompers was actually this weird godlike creature. For days, Bill had been sneaking down here, and reading instructions with the animal. He had been sworn to secrecy, which meant he didn't tell Will any of this, which only made him feel like the worst person on earth. Why was he even doing this? Gompers had promised to teach him how to control his powers, but the two barely even trained yet. So, what was the point of helping Gompers, when he wasn't getting anything in return?

At that point, Bill decided to not let a freaking farm animal boss him around.

Bill turned away from the control panel, and glared at Gompers. "Look, I didn't drag my butt down here every night, just for you to spout ominous stuff. What am I even doing here, if you're not making an effort to actually help me control my powers?"

Gompers stared back at him, and Bill half expected to be blasted with some imperial goat magic. Despite everything he'd been through, being blown to a crisp by Gompers would've been the worst way to go.

Instead, Gompers spoke. "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to teach you magic. My bad, I forgot."

"You forgot!?" Bill snapped.

"Oopsie."

The blond stopped himself from almost strangling the goat, and watched as Gompers trotted towards him. The animal regarded him calmly.

"If we want, we can start lessons now," Gompers said. "Just sit down."

Bill grimaced, but otherwise, obliged. He sat crosslegged in front of the goat. He felt uncomfortable, as Gompers's eyes bore into him.

"Let's start," Gompers spoke. "First off: You say it hurts you every time you try to use your powers?"