Scary-oke-Part Two

The next day, the birthday party was in preparation.

Mabel made sure everything was according for, from invitations, to confetti canons. She was currently instructing the group in the kitchen.

"OK, everything is almost finished," She said. "I just need someone to put up the black light posters."

"Wendy and I can do it," Will said, with the redhead nodding in agreement.

"Will, I don't want you to work on your birthday," Mabel said.

"It's fine," Will smiled. "It's the least I can do with you throwing us a party and all."

Mabel smiled back. "Well alright, just be sure to finish once we have our turn on stage. Love Patrol Alpha for the win!"

"I still never agreed to that name," Bill remarked.

"Too late, it's on the board, it's happening."

Bill sighed and laid his head on the kitchen table. He only looked up, when Dipper placed a hand on his back.

"Bill, I've been meaning to ask you something," The brunette said, gingerly. "Can I borrow the journals for a while?"

Bill blinked. "I thought you didn't want to look at them."

"I didn't," Dipper admitted, quietly. "But, I have this itching feeling that there's something I'm missing, and that I'll be able to find it in the journals."

The blond hesitated, before smiling at the brunette softly. "Sure. After the party, I'll let you borrow them. Just promise me you won't pull another all-nighter, you look pale as a ghost already."

Dipper rolled his eyes. "Thank you, you are very considerate," He remarked, sarcastically.

"That's what best friends are for," Bill grinned.

"You're more like a best annoyance to me."

Bill leaned closer to the brunette. "But, I'm still the best, right?"

Dipper chuckled softly. "To me, perhaps."

Bill blushed, and Dipper did too, once the brunette realized what he said. The two quickly looked away from each other, while the rest of their friends watched awkwardly. The relationship between the Guardian and the blond was indeed a complicated one.

Will decided to spare the two lovesick males, and change the subject so the attention wasn't directed on them. "So, when is this party starting?"

"As soon as the sun goes down," Mabel replied. "Just wait, we're going to have a blast."

"I believe that," Will smiled.

So, for the rest of the day, they finished last minute preparations, just when the sun descended.

❇❇❇

At the beginning of the night, everyone was gathering by the shack. Invitations travelled every corner, and almost half of the town showed up. Mabel was there to greet them at the entry.

"Welcome to the Cipher Birthday Bash," She smiled. "Have fun, and remember to sign your name on the karaoke list."

The crowd eagerly stepped on the premises, and indulged themselves in the food and drinks that were placed neatly on tables. Wendy's group of friends stood in one corner, wearing casual clothing.

"Aw man, I thought this was gonna be a rave," Thompson complained.

"Take off your shirt, and make it a rave!" Lee exclaimed, while Nate nudged him playfully.