The Golf War-Part One

It was morning in the shack. Bill, Will, and Wendy were all seated in front of the TV as usual. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Dipper was reading a newspaper by the table, and Mabel was preparing pancakes by the stove.

"Get ready, everyone," She smiled. "Today, I'm making my special Mabelcakes."

"What's special about them?" Will asked, curiously.

Dipper answered, without looking away from the papers. "They're like normal pancakes, but with some glitter in them."

"Not some, I decided to be experimental, and throw a whole heap in," Mabel beamed, holding up a empty glitter packet.

"I'll pass, then," Bill said, while scrolling through the channels on TV.

"Yeah, I usually eat a lot of nasty stuff in the forest, but I cross the line at glitter filled pancakes," Wendy agreed.

"Yeah, me too," Will said, gingerly.

"Well, I'm sure my bestest brother in the world will try one," Mabel said, grinning in Dipper's direction.

Dipper immediately set his newspaper down, and stood up from the table. "And this is when I head out."

"Aw, come on," Mabel whined.

"Sorry, Mabel," He said. "But I'm not looking forward to getting congestion."

"It's not that bad, it's like the food is tickling you from the inside," Mabel insisted.

"Less like tickling, and more like boxing with metallic spiked gloves," Dipper retorted, before making his way out of the kitchen.

However, when he entered the living room, he paused in front of Bill. Dipper leaned down, and whispered in the blond's ear, before planting a kiss on Bill's cheek. The Guardian left the living room before entering the hallway, while Bill sat on the sofa red-faced.

Wendy smirked in his direction. "Ooh, what did your hubby say?"

"Nothing that concerns you," Bill shot back.

"It's pretty weird seeing you two like this," Will admitted. "I'm so used to your bickering."

Bill sighed deeply. "To be honest, this whole thing is pretty new to me, too. I really like Pine Tree, but I'm still afraid of messing up somehow."

"C'mon, you're doing good so far," Mabel said, from the kitchen. "And didn't you date loads of people before? This can't be any different."

"As far as I'm convinced, this is the longest I've kept a relationship going," Bill said.

Wendy arched an eyebrow. "It's only been a day and a half."

"Exactly," The blond replied.

"Cheer up, Bill," Mabel said. "Dipper has low standards, so it's unlikely he'll break up with you anytime soon."

"I can't tell if you're insulting me or encouraging me," Bill pointed out.

"Don't read too much into it," The female brunette said, then added. "I'm done with the Mabelcakes, I just have to set the table."

Mabel turned away from the stove, to clear the table. She picked up the newspaper that Dipper left behind, but before she could dispose of it, her eyes flickered to the front page.

"Hey! Look at this," She beamed. "Pacifica was voted Guardian of the Year in the Gravity Gossiper."

"Ah yes, it's been that way for the last couple of years," Wendy said, bitterly. "I mean, I've stopped forest fires, kept the creatures in check, and prevented wild raccoons from trashing the restaurants, only for that llama loving rich girl to take that title every year."