~uncle James~

Uncle James

Uncle James

Rosaleé and Remus sat together on the sofa one evening, Rosaleés back pressed against Remus' chest, watching the fire crackle and the sea waves crash.

Viola played with a little set of Quidditch player figurines that were enchanted to fly a few centimetres above the ground, a gift from her Uncle Luis.

The relaxed warm atmosphere was suddenly interrupted as someone burst through the door.

Rosaleé and Remus jumped up, their wands pulled out.

They sighed in relief as James smiled at them as he closed the door behind him preventing the cold air from coming in.

"Why must you always burst in so dramatically" Remus rolled his eyes

"You scared the shit out of me" Rosaleé said walking over and giving James a tight hug and a kiss on the head, "why're you here?" She asked slightly unimpressed

"I missed her" James shrugged making Remus scoff and Rosaleé roll her eyes, "where is she?!" He called out making Viola look up.

Abandoning her figurines a smile quickly formed across Viola's features as James came running over, scooping her up into his arms.

She let out a little giggle as James spun her around while she played with the glasses on his face.

"Vivi!" He shouted, beaming back at the little girl, "how've you been girl? Giving your parents hell I hope" he smiled letting her take his glasses off his face.

"James, literally what are you doing" Rosaleé laughed tiredly

"I'm being a great Godfather, thats what" he said as if it was obvious

"Right" Rosaleé said looking to Remus who also wore the same impression as her

"Let me guess, Sirius is with Harry right now and you're both taking this 'who's the best godfather' thing too seriously"

"Whattttt?" James sung, "I just missed Vi, look how cute she is!" He cooed stroking her cheek lovingly as Viola grabbed onto his face

"She was playing quietly and nicely before you arrived" Remus sighed rubbing his eyes tiredly

"What we're we playing with then Vivi?" James asked Viola

Viola pointed to the floating Quidditch figurines in the living room

"Excellent choice Vi! I knew you always had good taste. Come on"

Rosa and Remus watched James sit with Viola infront of the fire, playing with the little Quidditch players.

It didn't take long for both James and Viola to become shattered from the excitement of the game with the mixture of the warmth of the fire and dropped off to sleep.

James laid on the floor, upon the carpet while Viola laid asleep on his chest, her tiny frame clinging onto James jumper, one of his hands holding onto her while they slept so she didn't fall off.

"I think I did pretty well" Rosa whispered to Remus as they sat together on the sofa

"What do you mean?" Remus asked

"Look around" she replied, "I didn't even know if I'd make one friend here, but now I'm living in a perfect house with a husband and kid with the best best-friends" she said gesturing to James asleep on the floor, "I got lucky"

They were interrupted with a knock at the door.

Remus opened it to find Lily on the other side of the door.

"He's here again isn't he?" She asked with a sigh

Remus nodded with an amused face

"And he's fallen asleep with her again hasn't he?" She asked again, "I knew it! Every time!"