~France~

France

France

Harry and Viola didn't know what to do.

What now?

What would they do know the fighting was over? How would they ever forget the things they'd witnessed?

So the pair of them sat on the plain sofa in the bare living room of their new house, staring at the white walls, their shoulders brushing and legs touching for some sort of comfort.

Neither Harry nor Viola spoke.

They'd only been there a few days yet still couldn't bring themselves to unpack or decorate or cook or even sleep, too afraid of the terrors they'd witness while under their unconscious.

Their agonising silence was interrupted as the front door burst open suddenly.

The two of them pulled their Wands out quickly in instinct, pointing them towards the noise.

"Viola?! Viola?!"

Andre Devaux had burst through the door, a group of burly aurors and body guards behind him.

She'd never seen her grandfather look like that.

So distressed, unruly and urgent.

He must of received the news, she'd sent the letter a few days ago. It must of been received.

Within seeing his only grandchild he gathered Viola into a tight hug, holding her so tightly it hurt for her to breathe. She could feel his tears falling into her head, wetting her hair it sticking down due to the sobs he tried to stifle while his colleagues watched behind with solemn faces.

"Pack your things. We'll be leaving in a few minutes. Just the essentials" he said as he pulled back, his eyes red raw.

"W-what" Viola asked, her voice catching, still unable to do anything other than mourn

"What're you doing?!" Harry asked, his voice also shaky

"Come on Viola, I'm taking you back to France" Andre said gesturing to his bodyguard to the unpacked boxes that laid around the room

"No!" Viola protested, "I don't want to! Please! Let me stay!"

"It's what's best for you" Andre said sternly, "you cannot stay here, look at you!"

"Stop it! No! I won't come with you! Harry! Harry please tell him! Don't make me leave! I don't want to leave you!" She begged grabbing onto Harry's hand as if her life depended on it.

"She's not going anywhere!" Harry protested, pulling her to his side, "she belongs here. With me"

Harry had almost lost her once. He wouldn't do it again.

"I let your mother stay here. Your mother stayed here and look where she is now! She's gone! She's dead and it's all my fault! I sent her here, shipped her off to a new school and that's where she died! I sent her to her death. I will not leave you here like I left her! I will not let you down like I did her! I will not be to blame for another one of my family members deaths!"

"I'm not going. Please don't make me... Harry" she sobbed, clinging onto his jumper, "don't let them take me please!"

Harry took a deep breath, trying to calm his overwhelming panic and boiling emotions, "mr Devaux Viola is safe now, the fighting is over and we're both safe"

"But look at her!" Andre said, his tears spilling, "she's a state, can barely hold herself up"

Sure enough Viola was heavily leaning against Harry, clutching onto his jumper, shaking, red eyes from crying and dark shadows across her face from lack of sleep.

"I promise you. She'll be safe with me. I can let you take her away" Harry resorted to begging

"Don't make me Grand- père" Viola whispered, her cold hand still squeezing Harry's

Andre seemed to think for a minute before nodding his head slowly, "you can stay, I'll be round to visit and some of my men will be stationed outside your door for the next few months until all the death eaters have been rounded up and thrown In Azkaban. I'll also get someone in to help you give extra support to Teddy. You'll both need it"

"Thank you Grandad" Viola whispered, her body still shaking a little

Andre only smiled as much as he could giving the circumstances.

"I best be getting back. I need to see Luis back at he manor. Take care of yourself mon trésor" he nodded, a fresh round of tears seemingly forming.

With his departure Harry and Viola collapsed into each other, a mess of tears, hair, knitted jumpers and skin as they embraced within the empty living room.

———————————————————————————
A/N

I definitely think that Harry and Viola had some attachments issues that they had to work through after not seeing each other for a year and then nearly loosing each other at the battle and such. Like it's such a big impact on their lives that it's got to have an affect on them for a long period of time. In the books or the movies I don't really thinks it shows the true reality and impact of the war and it's easily forgotten.