~one last time~

One last time

One last time

Viola watched the churning grey sea from her bedroom window as it crashed against the cliffs. It all seemed so much darker now.

The sky cloudy, no trace of a flicker of light from the sun, the sea, deep and ominous so unlike its usual calm and crystal waters that looked so inviting.

She'd been keeping an eye out for an owl. Just one. Just to make sure Harry was fine, and Hermione and Ron.

But none came.

She knew that they needed to be discreet and not draw attention to themselves but it was driving her crazy not knowing where they were and what they were doing.

Trying to distract herself, her thoughts moved onto her last year at Hogwarts and her role of head girls. Viola didn't want to waste her last year and was adamant about taking her role seriously. Taking out a parchment and quill she started scribbling all her ideas down.

Time had past and she found herself glancing out of the window subconsciously, unable to concentrate on her work.

Picking up a bobble and hair brush she made her way down stairs to find her mother.

Rosaleé sat on the sofa, watching the fire crackle before her while Remus sat beside her, his head on her shoulder as he slept.

She looked tired herself, with dark circles and droopy eyes. A strained smile pulled onto her lips as she caught sight of her daughter.

"Hey" Viola whispered as she approached, trying not to wake her father and sitting by her mother's feet.

She handed Rosaleé a brush and a hair bobble.

"I was wondering if you could plait my hair?" She asked quietly, "one last time, for old times sake before I go off to Hogwarts for my last year"

Rosaleé sighed sadly, gently pushing Remus off her shoulder, " of course"

Rosaleé plaited Violas hair as she'd done many times before and couldn't help but reminisce. She'd watched her daughter grow and know it was her last year at school.

Viola had always looked up to her mother. They way she was funny, kind, caring, beautiful. It was all Viola wanted to be. Just like her mother.

As Rosaleé finished the plait she placed a kiss on Violas head, "I wish it wasn't the last time, it's all gone so quickly"

"It doesn't have to be" Viola shrugged turning around to face her

"You're old enough to do your own hair Viola" Rosaleé chuckled sadly, "you don't need me anymore, you're all grown now, look at you. In a few days you'll be off to your last year"

"I'll always need you" Viola replied shaking her head seriously

Rosaleé only laughed quietly, placing a hand on Violas cheek, "and I you...go on pack your trunk, you know how your dad gets when he thinks you're not prepared in advance"