Chapter 21

Dinah had locked herself in the bathroom and refused to come out until Camila promised she wouldn't actually kill her.

And it took a while, but the smaller woman eventually did (albeit very reluctantly) agree to spare her her life. She couldn't scar her baby by murdering her aunt right in front of her. It just wasn't right no matter how bad the urge to kill Dinah was.

But Dinah payed no mind to reason.

She was still alive and that's all that mattered

"So..."

Camila glares at her.

"Okay. Still mad" she mutters.

Deciding to let the smaller woman calm down, she grabs her phone and unlocks it as she shifts onto her back.

She smiles when she was immediately greeted with said pictures Camila wanted her to delete because she looked gross, but, as she stares, she couldn't help but notice just how endearingly beautiful she was.

She was the definition of perfect. Her definition of perfect.

"Dinah?"

"Dinah?"

"Dinah...?"

"DINAH!?"

The woman jumps and bolts upright, "what the fuck?" She glares.

Camila smirks but shrugs feigning her innocence, "eh I'm not sorry. But I was trying to get your attention and once again you were ignoring me"

Dinah sighs, "not intentionally this time, I was just...distracted" she admits in a small murmur, making sure to get rid of all her open tabs before locking her phone and shoving it into her pocket.

"With what?" Camila asks, looking up briefly as she continues helping Lauren into her shoes.

Shaking her head, Dinah heads towards the door and pulls it open guessing they were heading out for breakfast before Camila started her meetings that were sure to last all day, "it's nothing."

"You know I can tell when you're lying right?" Camila raises an eyebrow in question as she lifts the toddler up onto her hip before walking though the open door, squeezing Dinah's arm in thanks.

Dinah nods and attempts to ignore the stereotypical butterflies making her stomach hurt. It was like now she'd admitted her feelings to herself every touch from Camila was becoming torture.

She both loved and hated it because despite the smaller woman's words last night, she was still feeling very unsure.

What if Camila wasn't talking about her?

"Yep" she eventually speaks, "but I'm asking you to drop it." She pockets the card and follows the mother and daughter duo.

Camila frowns, "okay" she mumbles, not used to the brisk attitude coming from her best friend.

She squeezes Lauren close, and almost like the toddler knew she needed comfort, she squeezes her right back even going as far as pressing a sloppy kiss to her cheek.

"Thanks baby" she murmurs, kissing her little cheek right back before shifting her onto her hip.

Lauren giggles happily, but when she notices both woman looking sad, she whines and attempts to squirm out of her mother's arms.

Camilla allows this and eases her to her feet, watching as Lauren toddles towards Dinah and takes her hand. Next, her hand was taken, and Lauren concentrates real hard as she attempts to link the woman's hands together.

Dinah blinks in shock, but helps and intertwines her hand with Camila's own unaware of the blush that appears on the smaller woman's cheeks.

"Mhh" Lauren nods happily at her work before reaching her arms back up to her mama.

Camila eyes Dinah for a second before leaning down and placing her free arm underneath the three year olds butt, lifting her easily into her arms and back onto her hip.

Once settled, Lauren sighs happily and snuggles close to her mama.

Dinah smiles softly before she sighs, "I'm sorry...I didn't..." she doesn't know what else to say.

But Camila doesn't force her to continue and simply chooses to squeeze her hand comfortingly instead, "it's okay" she whispers, sending her a smile.

*

"No"

"Lo, baby, for the love of god stop telling me no" Dinah sighs heavily, opening the candy and promptly shoving it into her mouth.

Mhhh. Delicious.

Lauren knew her aunt would be in trouble. She wasn't allowed candy before dinner, so why would it be any different with Dinah?

Scowling, she steps forward and looks angrily up at the woman with her little arms crossed firmly against her chest.

Dinah stares right back before abruptly lifting her up into her arms, "why are you mad?" She questions softly.

The three year old continues to stare. She had told the woman no four whole times and she hadn't listened once! It was like she wanted mama to be mad at her.

The thought of her mama makes her pout slightly, but she forces it back knowing she'd be back soon.

Dinah eyes her, "kid, you're starting to freak me out a little. Stop with the glaring yeah?" She places both hands under the girls arms before placing her down onto the bed.

"Tell mama!" Lauren sternly yells, rising unsteadily to her feet on the tall bed.

Dinah steps closer to her not liking how wobbly the toddler was on her feet, "tell mama what?"

"Tell mama!!" Another yell.

"Tell mama what Lauren!" She doesn't quite yell back, but she was getting painstakingly close.

Lauren scowl hardens, "tell. Mama."

Dinah runs a hand through her hair on the brink of a mental breakdown. This child was more stubborn than she gave her credit for. She was worse than her own mother and That was saying something.

Still though, she calms herself not wanting to frighten the young girl who was currently giving her the biggest death glare in the history of anything.

"Tell her what Lauren?" She forces get voice to be calm.

Lauren whines and stomps her foot. What wasn't she getting?

"Tell mama! P'ease!!" She desperately didn't want mama mad at her for letting aunt Dinah eat candy before dinner.

"Tell her what Lauren!?" Dinah finally breaks. She was yelling now.

"TELL MAMA!!!!" The toddler all but screams, shoving the woman frustratedly.

Dinah just about refrains from shoving her back, "I don't know what you want me to tell her Lauren!"

"TELL MAMA NOW!!"

Oh, a whole ass sentence. Would you look at that.

"Oh for the love of god! Tell her what?"

"TELL HER!!" Her voice was shrill. Almost deafening. It was enough for Dinah to well and truly lose it.

"TELL HER WHAT? THAT I LOVE HER? THERE! DONE! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?"

"Very"

Dinah nods, but freezes when she realises Lauren's lips didn't move with the words she'd heard.

Shit.

**

So uhhh, hello! How are you doing?

Next chapter: 70 votes