Chapter 3

Camila quietly closes the front door behind her before bringing her hand up to cup the back of a sleeping Lauren's head. She had just gotten back from the mall after doing a huge shop for the young girl, and if the bags and boxes in front of her were anything to go by it was definitely safe to say she might have gone a bit overboard.

She wasn't mad at herself for doing it though. Her intentions when she had left this morning were to spoil her baby and that's exactly what she did.

"Shhh" she quietly soothes as the tiny girl stirs in her arms, beginning to walk over to the couch so she could lay her down whilst trailing her hand gently up and down her back.

Once settled, she covers her up and places a pillow next to her before getting to work on taking everything she had bought up to the girls room. It doesn't take long to put all her clothes and diapers away in her closet and dresser, but the furniture was a different story. Despite going over the instructions so many times they were practically engraved in her brain, she still couldn't figure out how it all went together.

Stupid Ikea.

Letting out a quiet huff, she tosses the screwdriver to the floor and scowls at it whilst once again picking up the instructions, skimming her eyes over the diagrams drawn to see if that would help any.

Turns out that no, it didn't and an hour later she was still sat on the floor of Lauren's bedroom with the parts of the girls dresser sprawled around her. Deciding that she'd had enough for today and Lauren would have to sleep in her bed with her tonight, she stands up and makes her way out of the bedroom for a much needed coffee.

When she gets to the bottom of the stairs, she was greeted with the sight of her baby still curled up on the couch. It was a sight that immediately got rid of the annoyance she was feeling and with a soft smile, she walks over and crouches down in front of her, reaching a hand out to gently brush the hair away from her face.

"You already have me wrapped around your little finger and you don't even know it" she muses softly, leaning down to press a lingering kiss to her head before going to get a drink.

She fills a sippy cup with juice while she was at it, and she was soon walking back into the living just in time to see her little girl stirring. Immediately setting the cups down onto the coffee table, she scoops her up into her arms and holds her tiny, warm body close.

"Hi mamas. You all done sleeping?" She sits herself down onto the couch and allows Lauren to settle against her chest, running her hand through her hair.

Lauren nods her head as her eyes blearily flicker around the room, nuzzling herself as close as she could to the woman and taking in her soothing scent and the feel of her comforting arms around her.

Taking a second to just cuddle with the girl, Camila lets out a quiet sigh of content whilst running her hand up and down her back.

She'd never imagined that Lauren would grow so comfortable with her so quickly, how she lets her hold her and cuddle her without so much of a complaint or whine. She guesses it was because she she been so deprived of it her whole life. She had been so deprived of a maternal touch that she had clung to the first person who was nice to her.

No one had ever held her, comforted her when she was upset, soothed her when sick and honestly, Camila hated that. All children needed, no deserved to know that that they were loved from the minute they were born, (which she new Lauren was and it was a shame her parents had passed so young) not three years later by someone who didn't even give brith to them.

But she supposes that part doesn't really matter much. Just because you helped make them or gave birth to them doesn't mean you're a parent. A parent was someone who loved their child unconditionally. You would do anything for them, go without if it meant they got.

But all this sure made her one thing. She was never going to let her baby go without.

Tearing herself from her thoughts, she reaches forward and grabs the sippy cup, "here mamas. Drink all that up for me"

Lauren does as she says and immediately starts to guzzle the liquid down, parched from her long nap.

"Good girl" she praises, reaching for the tv remote that was sat on the coffee table.

She turns it on, flicking through all the channels until she came across the one she wanted. Nick junior. "look mamas, it's Dora." She adjusts the small girl so she was sat with her back against her chest, setting the remote back down and wrapping her arms securely around her small waist.

Stopping her suckling, Lauren immediately brings her attention to the tv. Camila notices that even though Lauren doesn't show how exited she is verbally, she does occasionally squirm and let out quiet giggles when Dora and Boots get into mischief.

Camila was so entranced by it that she remains their with the girl for the next hour going through a total of four episodes. It was only when the three year olds tummy grumbles did she realise just how much time had passed, and when she looks at the clock and see's it six, just an hour before she intended to put Lauren to bed, her eyes widen and she was quick to turn the shown off before hastily walking into the kitchen.

"Silly me forgot how late it was." She grins, setting Lauren down onto the booster seat she had purchased, "now, I'm not that good of a cook but I'm sure I can rummage up something" she muses, clipping the small buckle around the child's waist before heading to the fridge.

Lauren squirms a little at being restrained by the strap around her, her tiny hands reaching down so she could attempt to undo it. She hated being held down by something she knew she couldn't get out of by herself. It reminded her of her old foster family. The one who hurt her. The one who had duct taped her to her chair when she had refused to eat and forced fed her scolding hot food.

Soon, her little chest was rising and falling heavily, immediately ripping Camila's attention away from the sandwiches she was making. (She was gonna cook pizza but she didn't want to feed the girl anymore junk food)

"Shh, you're okay baby, you're okay" she quickly unbuckles the tiny girl and lifts her up into her arms, her eyes widening when she action only causes her to start sobbing bitterly into her neck, "hey hey, what's wrong?" She finds herself asking in a soft coo, hoping that even though she won't get a vocal reply, the sound of her voice might sooth her.

It doesn't.

"Take some deep breaths for me, there we go good girl" she praises as she begins to pace around the kitchen, one arm underneath Lauren's bottom and the other under her shirt, trailing the pads of her fingers over her soft baby skin.

By now she could feel the tears dripping on her neck, only making her more desperate to calm her baby down.

Not knowing what else to do, she begins to hum underneath her breath. It wasn't anything in particular, just the first thing that came to mind but thankfully, it appeared to be enough and Lauren was soon quiet in her arms.

Her hand had some how made its way down her shirt and was clinging to the strap of her bra, but she couldn't find it in her to care.

**

I think I'm gonna change Lauren's age to three. Any complaints? Oh, and if I could find a way to add breastfeeding, would that be something you'd want to read?

Next chapter: 160 votes

**