Chapter 5

It only felt like Camila had been asleep for a few seconds when she was awoken abruptly by loud screaming, and as she looks around blearily trying to get her eyes to focus on the darkness of the room, she feels a tiny limb hit her thigh reminding her where she was and who she was with.

Rubbing her hands over her eyes to try and wake herself up a little, she makes quick work of kicking the duvet off of them and immediately scooping her tiny flailing frame into her arms, "it's okay baby, shhh." she coos, adjusting her so they were chest to chest as she begins to firmly pat her back as an attempt to wake her up.

It doesn't, and she lets out a small wince when a small hand tangles itself in her hair and pulls none too gently.

Untangling her hand with little struggle, she brings a hand up to cup the back of Lauren's head and rises to her feet, beginning to walk around the room whilst bouncing her tiny body in her arms. She hums the same song as she did earlier, hoping it would sooth the upset toddler but all it does is cause her bitter sobs to grow in volume.

"Alright baby, alright" Going out on a whim, Camila one handedly manoeuvres herself out of her shirt leaving her bare chested and once she had tossed it to the floor, she pulls off Lauren's bodysuit, leaving her in just a diaper.

The small girl had loved the skin on skin contact earlier. It had soothed her enough to settle and fall asleep. So she hoped this time, it would cause her fears and cause her to come out of the nightmare she was currently stuck in.

And it does.

The toddlers body stills at the feel of the woman's bare skin against her own, and her sobs ease until only soft whimpers were escaping her lips. Now she had no clothing to cling to, her hands find themselves in Camila's waist length hair. They were gentle this time though. There was no pulling. Just playing.

"There we go mamas, nice and calm down" Camila lets out a soft sigh of relief as she continues with her actions of pacing round the room just in case the girls nightmare was to start back up, one arm underneath her, supporting her and the other trailing gentle circles on her back.

At the feel of being soothingly bounced, Lauren's eyes flicker open, but she couldn't find it in herself to lift her head away from her shoulder. Instead, she settles on letting out a quiet whimper.

Camila hears this and places a lingering kiss to the side of the toddlers head, easing herself down on the edge of her bed and allowing her to settle against her chest as opposed to her shoulder.

"You okay now peanut?" Her voice was a quiet whisper.

Letting out a soft sniffle, Lauren pushes herself away from Camila's chest and nods hesitantly.

Camila smiles tenderly and brushes a strand of hair away from her sweaty forehead, "Good. Lets give you a diaper change, okay? Then we'll go downstairs and get a nice cold drink to ease your sore throat" she whispers, pressing a soft kiss to the toddlers cheek before once again rising to her feet and heading straight to her dresser.

She grabs a clean diaper, baby wipes and baby powder, and she was soon laying Lauren back down onto the bed, "shhh" she soothes when a barely audible whimper escapes her trembly lips, "I'm right here mamas, okay? I'll hold you again as soon as you're nice and dry" She reassures as she untapes the used diaper and reaches for some wipes, making quick, but careful work off wiping her clean before adding a decent amount of baby powder and taping a clean diaper to her hips.

"There we go, all done" she puts the diaper into the garbage and makes quick work off washing her hands before making her way towards the stairs.

She makes herself a simple water, but knowing that it would probably be a hard task to settle the toddler again, she grabs a bottle she had bought yesterday and fills it with milk before placing it into the microwave.

Having it cold may sooth her throat, but she knew having it warm would put her back to sleep a whole lots easier.

"Baba?" Lauren almost babbles as she distractedly watches the bottle spin round and round, her fingers hanging from her mouth and her tears long gone.

Camila whips her attention away from watching the timer on the microwave, her eyes widening in shock. Lauren had just spoken. Yes, she was aware it wasn't technically a proper word. But for the first time, she had actually heard her baby's voice.

"It is your baba, that's right baby. You're such a clever girl" she praises with teary eyes and a grin, trying to hold back her excitement as she grabs the now warm bottle from the microwave and screws on the top, shaking the contents to make sure it was all the same temperature as she makes her way back upstairs.

Lauren grins round her fingers at the praise, allowing herself to once again be settled against the woman's bare chest. A nipple was soon swiped across her lips, and she finds herself latching on with ease, her eyes closing in content.

*

Camila's eyes open again a few hours later, but this time, it was because she felt little fingers on her face. They trail down her cheek, to her chin and then up to her nose. Holding back her smirk, she brings her hands up to cup the toddlers bare sides.

"What are you up to mamas?" She questions softly, her voice hoarse as she sits herself up against the headboard.

Lauren grins behind the pacifier in her mouth, almost as if she was silently saying good morning in her own little way. She sits contently on the woman's lap, her little fingers tangling themselves in the hair hanging over shoulder.

"We not gonna talk this morning?" Camila reaches up to brush a stray strand of hair away from her face, "that's okay. You don't have to speak if you're not ready. I was just happy to hear your voice last night." She adds as she reaches for the shirt tossed to the end of the bed, slipping it on.

Lauren whines and tugs at the material, "no" her voice was barely audible, but the tone of it showed her dislike towards the fact she could no longer cuddle up against Camila's chest.

Camila raises her eyebrows at the single word, deciding not to let her surprise show so the toddler doesn't shy away from her, "sorry baby, but we're gonna go get some breakfast now and I'll be cold if I don't have a shirt on" she pats the back of the girls diaper to see if she was dry, and when she felt she was, she slides them both out from under the duvet and rises to her feet.

Lauren pouts and kicks her legs, but she soon settles against the woman's chest when a hand begins to soothingly pat her padded butt.

Once down in the kitchen, Camila heads straight for the Keurig to make herself some much needed coffee. As it was getting ready, she grabs another bottle and fills it with some juice. She was gonna save the milk until bedtime as it seemed to settle the small girl.

"Here baby" she hands the bottle over and eases the pacifier out of her mouth, allowing a small smile to grace her lips when she immediately hears Lauren begin to suckle.

Humming underneath her breath as she bounces lightly in place, she grabs the creamer out of the fridge and adds a small amount to the hot drink before putting it where it belonged.

"Now, lets have our drinks and we'll figure out what to do for breakfast, okay?" She whispers, picking up her coffee and pressing a kiss to her baby's head before wondering into the living room.

**

Tell me what you think!

The first chapter to the miss Jauregui sequel will be up later today!

Next chapter: 170 votes