Chapter 7

The next three nights pass the exact same way for Lauren and Camila. They both get little to no sleep because of the toddlers apparent night terrors, and while Camila tries her best to sooth her whilst keeping her asleep, it never happens, and despite how much she tried to figure out what what they were about, again, she couldn't because of how hard she found it to communicate.

All the woman could do was help her through them by holding her in her arms for hours on end, and even then she felt like it wasn't enough. Because she'd still continue to cry. To cling to her like she was the only person who could make things better.

Letting out a small sigh, Camila looks down at the sleeping youngster in her arms. It was the morning after her third night home, and as they were both up most of the night again, she was determined to keep her asleep for as long as physically possible to keep any grouchiness that would most likely appear throughout the day at bay.

She was once again shirtless as skin on skin contact seemed to be the only way to calm a restless Lauren down when in the midst of a nightmare, but she was beginning to get used to it if she was being honest. It became a subconscious action as soon as she saw the quivering of the toddlers bottom lip. Something she knew she had to do to calm the situation down.

Lifting her head up slightly, she presses her lips against her warm forehead, her arms coming down to enclose Lauren's small frame against her.

At the action the youngster stirs, her lips rising up at the corners and her arms coming up to grasp at Camila's hair. Her tiny fingers tangle themselves in the tresses, and slowly, her green eyes flicker open.

"Hi mamas. Did you sleep good?" Camila sits herself up against the headboard of her bed as an attempt at waking them both up a little more, her hand coming down to cup the back of the toddlers head.

The small girl shifts slightly against the woman's chest before slowly forcing herself to sit up on her lap, the pacifier in her mouth bobbing up and down steadily as her eyes blink heavily. At the woman's question she nods, but she wasn't really awake enough to answer her verbally and simply flops back down against hers chest.

"Still sleepy I see" the woman muses as she lets out a small sigh, pulling the duvet back up to cover them.

Lauren grunts in agreement and once again allows her eyes to drift shut, her breathing slowing signalling she was falling back asleep. Despite feeling beyond tired herself, Camila knew that if she let her go back to sleep, then she wouldn't nap or go to bed properly tonight.

"C'mon baby. It's time to wake up. I know you're tired, Ma-I am too but if we go back to sleep when we won't want to go nanite tonight. Up you get" She grasps her by the armpits and forces her to sit back up, her heart breaking at the whimper that escapes her lips as she reaches for the shirt she had thrown off in a haste last night.

"I know, I know. Lets go get some food mamas. It's alright" she holds her close to her body as she slides them both out of the covers.

Lauren whines when the cold air touches her body, and she burrows herself as close as she could to Camila. Seeing this, the woman immediately dresses her in a onesie that snaps at the crotch, and as soon as she had a clean diaper taped to her hips, they were on their way downstairs, both now much more awake.

Camila sits Lauren down onto the counter when they reach the kitchen, not in the mood for the booster seat battle, and she immediately gets to work on making their drinks. Coffee for herself, and a bottle of cold milk for Lauren.

"Here you are baby, drink that all for me" She presses a kiss to her forehead as she hands it over, managing a small smile when the nipple was immediately brought up to her mouth.