Chapter 22

Shit. Oh fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

Before she could profusely apologise, Camila beats her to it by stepping in front of her and pulling Lauren abruptly into her arms. She carries her over to the corner and places her down, her gaze, from what Dinah could see, stern and no nonsense.

"We do not shove or yell at people young lady. That is a big no no. You know that. Stay here till mama comes and gets you"

Dinah shivers at the tone of her voice. But she had to admit...it was kinda hot.

"Dinah?"

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, the taller woman reluctantly turns to face Camila, "mhhh?" She felt as though her heart was going to hammer right out of her chest.

This was it for her. Rip Dinah Jane. She lived a long life. A nice life. It was just a shame she didn't get to fu-

"Dinah!" She feels a slap to her arm.

"Ow" she yells, rubbing her stinging limb as she once again brings her attention to Camila.

Deciding to bite the bullet, she speaks.

"So...you heard that huh?" Her voice was full of fear.

The smaller woman nods with a soft smile, "yeah...I did. But I also heard you yelling at my kid" said smile turns into a glare.

Dinah scoffs, "she started it" rolling her eyes, she turns to sit on the bed but was stopped by a firm hand grasping her arm.

"She may have, but she's also three years old. You, on the other hand, are a fully grown adult who knows better. Corner, now"

"Oh for fuck sake" Dinah mutters as she complies with the smaller woman's words. Her second time out in less than twenty four hours. This was stupid.

Here she was thinking Camila would jump into her arms proclaiming her love for her right back, that she would finally get to kiss her plump, soft and oh so kissable lips.

But no. She was stuck in time out like a literal toddler instead.

Stupid fucking wall. Stupid fucking corner.

Although ecstatic at her best friends admission, Camila doesn't act on her feelings just yet knowing she had to deal with her baby first.

Crouching down in front of her, she eases her tiny body round to face her, "look at mama" she whispers softly.

Lauren sniffles as she reluctantly flickers her gaze over to her mama.

"Good girl. Now, I know you got frustrated with your aunt Dinah, but shoving her was a big no no. You know I don't accept violence of any kind and I don't want it happening ever again." She barely scolds, not having the heart to give her the telling off she had planned to give her when she'd witnessed her daughter shoving Dinah moments prior.

Lauren tearfully nods.

"And I don't want you yelling at her again either. I know she yelled at you too, that's why she's in timeout right now but I don't want that happening again either. Do you understand mama?"

The toddler nods and lets out pitiful sob, a sound that causes Camila to pout in sympathy before pulling her into her arms and pressing a kiss to her head.

"Shhh. Mama's not mad anymore. You're all forgiven" she eyes Dinah as she bounces in place, desperate to tell her how she feels too but also desperate to sooth her upset baby.

No matter how important Dinah was to her, Lauren was just that bit more important and always would be. She was her child after all, and blood or not that wouldn't ever change.

This was her baby.

"Mama's got you nena. Mama's got you. You're okay" she coos, slipping a hand underneath her baby's shirt and resting her hand flat on her back so she could sooth her with a little skin on skin contact.

It appears to work as just moments later her sobs seem to ease, and she sighs in relief as she continues to lightly bounce her, "good girl" she praises as she places a gentle kiss to the side of her head, the hand on her back beginning to trail gently over the soft skin.

She waits a little while before her tiny body goes completely limp in her arms, and with a small sigh, she eases her carefully onto the middle of the bed. She makes quick but gentle work on changing her diaper, deciding to leave her in just that and a shirt  not wanting to disturb her further.

"Goodnight angel. Mama loves you so very much" she whispers, pressing another lingering kiss to her forehead before covering her up with the blankets.

Now time to deal with Dinah.

Walking over to the woman, she takes her hand and leads her as far away as possible from Lauren not wanting their conversation to wake her.

"Apologise for yelling at my kid"

Dinah almost splutters. Really? That's the first thing she decides to say? She starts to complain, to call her out on her bullshit but then Camila's gaze turns almost deadly.

It was absolutely terrifying.

Gulping heavily, she nervously nods her head, "I'm sorry for yelling at Lauren even though she yelled at me too"

Although half assed, Camila accepts it and clears her throat.

Time for the serious stuff.

"Did you really mean it?"

Dinah notices her gaze soften drastically, and she steps forward and takes her smaller hand in her own, "I did. I really, really"

Camila bites her bottom lip with a small nod, "I've...felt the same for...a little while now" was all she was willing to admit.

The taller woman simply pulls her into a hug. There were no words to be said. Their feelings were clear and both couldn't be happier. Dinah especially. She'd waited forever for this and was most definitely happy with the outcome.

Sure it wasn't the overly romantic admission she'd imagined, but it was still perfect.

She was perfect.

Camila smirks, but before Dinah could ask her what the hell she was thinking, the smaller woman was suddenly in her arms with her arms and legs tightly around her.

A koala hug.

"Easy there chancho" she grins, tightening her hold around Camila to keep her close.

"I know cheechee...mhhh, why'd you taste like candy?"

"I ate some..."

"Dinah!!"

"...I think that's probably what Lauren wanted me to tell you."

Camila laughs loudly, "so all this over you eating candy before dinner huh?"

"Yes. Apparently so."

Camila couldn't help but laugh again, the sound so loud and contagious Dinah had to refrain from joining her.

But then Camila snorts, and she was gone.

**

I'm making myself miss caminah by writing this my god.

Anyways. I don't think I'm gonna write much lovey dovey couply stuff between them because I find that hard to imagine, so it's just gonna be your typical Caminah with lots of humour. I suck at couple stuff anyway lol  just know that they are together.

Next chapter: 70 votes