Chapter 13

"How long are you gonna be gone?" Dinah asks as she glances up from her phone, her eyes flickering to Camila who was nursing a dozing Lauren before bringing them back down to the device in her hands.

Camila lets out a small sigh, "I'm not sure honestly. My boss knows about the situation but I'm not really too sure if he cares. I'll be back here for my lunch break though as I don't really want to be away from her for more than a few hours at a time" her thumb instinctively strokes the soft skin of Lauren's cheek.

The girl had been nursing steadily for twenty minutes now as she had been unable to do so the minute she had woken due to Camila having to get ready for work, and the petite Cuban allowed it knowing this would be the only time she'd nurse until bedtime.

Dinah nods, "we'll be fine walz. I have a few activities planned that'll keep her distracted. She won't even know you're gone" she chuckles as she locks her phone and places it down onto the coffee table in front of her.

"Oh I'm sure she will" Camila interjects, looking down at the nearly sleeping girl cradled in her arms. Despite that her suckles were still strong, her tiny tongue peeking out.

"Don't be such a pessimist mila" Dinah shakes her head playfully, glancing at the clock, "it's eight thirty" she reminds, not wanting the girl to run late.

Camila nods, "c'mon baby, mama has to leave now" she trails her finger over the girls bottom lips coaxing her into unlatching. She does, and so she doesn't attempt to latch back on in her sleepy state, she grabs the soother from the table next to her and places that into her mouth instead.

She then stands up, and after placing a kiss to her head she was handing her over to a ready and waiting Dinah, "there's milk I've pumped in one of her bottles in the fridge. Give her to that if she gets grumpy. And call me if anything happens Dinah Jane" she playfully scolds, grabbing her purse from the couch and hooking it over her shoulder.

Dinah salutes with the arm she wasn't holding the now sleeping three year old, waiting for the Cuban to leave the house before quietly closing the door behind her and heading hack over to the couch.

Deciding that she'd quite like some snuggle time with her niece, she settles into the corner and allows the tiny body to settle in her lap.

It becomes quite apparent that today may be harder than Dinah had thought just a mere hour after Camila had left. The toddler was grumpy, obviously missing her mama, and no matter what the poly did to try and make the situation better, she simply continues to pout like her mother being gone was the worst thing in the world.

Albeit it probably was to her, but that wasn't the point.

"Why don't we go out on your climbing frame?" She questions hopefully as she points toward the backyard, the contraption her best friends dad had built standing tall and proud smack dab in the middle of the grass.

Lauren shakes her head, "wan' mama" she whispers pitifully, her green eyes filling with tears.

Dinah pouts and scoops the toddler up into her arms, "I know, she'll be home soon for lunch though. Just a few short hours" she attempts to sooth, her hand running up and down her back.

Knowing that crying wouldn't make her mama come home any sooner, Lauren accepts the woman's words with a reluctant nod.

"Now, lets go watch a movie or something hey? I'm sure the minute the movies done your mama will be home waiting to give you snuggles" Dinah murmurs as she once again settles them both down onto the couch, reaching for the controller so she could turn on Netflix.

And Dinah's as right. No sooner can the credits start rolling down the screen, the familiar sound of the front door opening and closing fills both their ears.

Lauren doesn't hesitate to squirm out of her aunts arms and run into the hallway, letting out a sequel of happiness when she was immediately lifted into her mothers arms.

"Hi mija" Camila greets with a grin of her own as she drops her purse to the floor, pressing a lingering kiss to the side of the three year olds head as she wraps her arms securely around her, "were you good for auntie Dinah?" She questions, grinning at the poly thankfully when she was immediately handed a cup of coffee the minute she sets foot into the kitchen.

Lauren nods, and Dinah confirms that with a sentence spoken out loud, "she was brilliant. She got a little sad when she came to the realisation you would in fact be gone the whole day, but she soon cheered up when I put Moana on and assured her you'd be home for lunch" she grins, taking a sip of her own coffee.

Camila sits herself down onto the dining table, "Good. She loves moana, don't you baby?" She asks a distracted Lauren who seemed to be busy working out a way of removing her work shirt.

Rolling her eyes playfully, she places her coffee down and scoops the girl up by her armpits before lifting her up so they were face to face, "not until you've had some real food" she presses a peck to her cheek and situates her so her head was resting over her shoulder, "so Dinah, what's for lunch?" her hand coming up to instinctively pat the toddlers back whilst the other rests underneath her butt.

Dinah does a double take as she tries to check whether not the slightly older girl was serious, "you want me to cook? Are you asking for food poisoning?"

Camila laughs before shaking her head, "I'm joking" she reassures, rising to her feet and heading over to the fridge. Seeing nothing there, she moves down to the freezer, smiling happily when she spots some nuggets buried at the bottom.

"Nuggets it is" she murmurs, releasing an arm from the three year old before she grabs the packet and closes the freezer door with her hip, "put them in the oven please and try not to burn the house down" she hands the packet over.

Dinah takes it, "where are you going?" She questions, grabbing an oven tray.

"To change her diaper. Hey, did she drink the milk I left?" Camila glances back as she stops in the doorway of the kitchen.

"No she didn't. That's probably why she's so eager to nurse how" she grins as she points to Lauren who was attempting to undo the buttons to the Latinas shirt, setting the now full tray of nuggets into the oven before closing the door.

Camila grins, "I'll sort her out." Were her only words before she disappears from view.

**

Short but sweet, I hope you enjoyed 🙂

Next chapter: 170 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️