Chapter 10

Just a small update to keep you guys going. The next one should be longer.

**

"C'mon baby, why won't you eat?" Camila asks defeatedly as she drops the unused fork back onto the still full plate of pasta, looking down at a quiet Lauren who had not made a sound since they had sat down.

The girl no longer had a temperature and hadn't puked in over twenty four hours, so why the refusal to eat was happening, she really didn't know. It wasn't like she was feeding her something she hated.

The girl loved pasta and demolishes it off every time she cooks it. But it was evident something had changed as she'd push the fork away every single it was held to her mouth.

Gathering she wouldn't eat no matter what she tries, Camila stands with the toddler on her hip and practically dumps the plate into the sink to deal with later. Whilst on her feet she grabs a ready made bottle from the fridge hoping she'd be able to get at least that into her system, having no idea what she'd do if she refused that too amongst everything else.

Sitting herself down onto the couch, she pulls the top off of the bottle and places it down onto the coffee table before holding it to Lauren's lips, "will you please drink this for mama?" She hears herself pleading as she stares down at the toddler.

Thankfully Lauren's lips part allowing the nipple to enter her mouth, and Camila finds herself letting out a relieved sigh as she adjusts her slightly in her arms.

Lauren's soft suckles fill the room just a second later, giving Camila the satisfaction that her tiny body was getting the nutrients it needed, but she couldn't help but be concerned over the fact she had willingly accepted this, but not food.

"What's going on in your little head mhh?" She rhetorically murmurs, the arm supporting the toddler coming up ever so slightly so she could soothingly begin to pat her diapered behind.

Lauren grins up at the woman obviously unaware on how bad her not eating was. Her tiny hand encloses two of Camila's fingers in her own, and her legs kick happily as her eyes flicker around the room.

Letting out a small sigh, Camila decides she'd have to make a doctors appointment for the young girl. Sure she was still getting some calories into her system, but even she knew it wasn't a sufficient amount to keep her weight up. Maybe there were some other alternatives she she could try. Something they would get the toddler exited when it came to meal times.

When Lauren see's the attention was no longer than her, the nipple of the bottle leaves her mouth and she was letting out a unhappy whine, her hand that was once clinging to the woman's fingers coming up to tug at her shirt instead.

"Hey, there's no need for that mamas" Camila lightly scolds as she looks down at the unhappy toddler, once again sliding the nipple of the bottle over her lips as an attempt to get her to latch back on.

Even though the scold was barely anything more than she had heard before, it still had Lauren's bottom lip quivering. Tears fill her eyes a second later and Camila only had a second to prepare before the room was filled with the sound of her cries.

"Alright alright, it's okay" letting out for what felt like the hundredth sigh today, the Latina sets the bottle down and manoeuvres the tiny girl so they were sat chest to chest. Her hand soothingly pats her back whilst the other supports her, and she begins to lightly sing underneath her breath in hopes it would sooth her.

She feels her head begin to hammer when Lauren's cries grow an octave higher, and she closes her eyes as attempt to ease it as she holds the girl securely to her, "please stop crying baby, it's okay. Mama's not mad" she whispers, pressing her lips to the side of her head.

The toddlers cries appear to ease at the reassurance murmured into her ear, and Camila, on the verge of crying herself lets out a breath of relief. She didn't know what it was about today, but it seems as though they both needed a good nights sleep.

"Lets try this again shall we?" She brings herself out of her thoughts as she reaches for the bottle she had abandoned on the floor next to her, shifting Lauren back into a sideways position on her lap.

Lauren goes to push it away as her tummy hurt and she wasn't really very hungry, but when she see's the overwrought look in her mothers eyes, her lips reluctantly part allowing the nipple to pass through.

Camila smiles softly, "Good girl". As her baby eats, she brings her free hand up to wipe off her cheeks that were stained with tears.

Lauren looks up adoringly as she halfheartedly suckles, taking in the soft expression on the woman's face and how she seems to focus all of her attention on her. Her hand subconsciously rises to her face, her fingertips tracing over her features ever so gently.

"Aren't you adorable" Camila whispers endearingly as her hand covers the toddlers own, bringing it down ever so slightly so she could press her lips against tiny fingers.

The toddler grins behind her bottle, allowing soft, gentle kisses to be placed to her hand over and over again. Milk spills down her chin as she softly giggles, an action that causes the woman to catch it and wipe it away before it could drip down her neck and with a soft sigh, she was leaning down and pressing her lips to her forehead instead.

Lauren's eyes flicker closed at the feel of soothing lips against her skin, and seeing that her bottle was over half gone, she spits it out and squirms up into a sitting position before burrowing herself into her mama's chest. Arms close around her in return, and she lets out a quiet, content sigh.

"Have a nice nap for me baby girl"

**

Tell me what you think, and again, I'm sorry about the shortness but this is how it's going to be as this book and ECWS were the most voted books for me to continue writing.

Next chapter: 150 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️