0.03 - Thunder

Quinjet

With Loki tied up and cuffed to his seat, Tony and Steve watch from a distance, whispering.

"I don't like it" Steve states, "What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony asks, "I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop" steve explains. "still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?" tony asks, "what?" steve frowns, "it's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, during your time as a Capsicle" tony taunts. Steve looks at Tony, finally meeting his ego match. "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in" steve reveals. "yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you" tony shrugs. Thunder and Lightning nearly hit the jet, making it shake violently. "Where's this coming from?" Nat asks anastasiya nodding in agreement. Thunder rumbles overhead. Loki stares out the window intently. "what's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve asks loki, "I'm not overly fond of what follows" loki says. "Now there's that guy" tony says, "another Asgardian?" nat asks, "why am I not surprised" anastasiya finally speaks up, "oh look little mouse has a voice" loki remarks, "always had a voice I just don't want you to think you can use me as a pawn" anastasiya warns, "think the guy's a friendly?" steve aka, "doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost" Tony turns and gets ready to jump off the jet to chase after Thor, "Stark, we need a plan of attack!" steve instructs, "I have a plan. Attack" Tony jumps out of the jet and chases after Thor. Steve grabs a parachute to follow. "I'd sit this one out, Cap" Nat instructs, "I don't see how I can" steve shrugs, "these guys come from legends, they're basically gods" nat explains, "there's only one God, ma'am and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that" steve corrects, "actually they are gods I did a little research but not the religious kind" anastasiya explains just before steve jumps out the jet, "they never listen" anastasiya huffs

Helicarrier

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" bruce asks, "loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks, "he has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract" thor explains, "an army? From outer space?", "so he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for", "selvig?", "he's an astrophysicist", "he's a friend". Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours" Nat reveals, "he has the one who rescued me with Nat he's got a good heart he's not an evil person" anastasiya blurts out, "I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here" steve questions, "I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him" bruce says, "have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother" thor tells bruce, "he killed eighty people in two days", "he's adopted" thor hits back, "think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?", "it's a stabilizing agent" Tony says as he walks in with Coulson and continues their conversation "I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive. Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD", "no hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing. Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants. Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did. How does Fury do this?", "he turns" hill informs. "Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube" Tony states, "when did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Hill asks "last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" tony asks, "does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" steve asks "he's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier", "unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect", "well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet", "finally, someone who speaks English", "is that what just happened?". Tony and Banner shake hands. A glimmer in their eyes shines as the mutual respect for each other shows. "It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster" tony tells bruce, "Thanks" bruce tells him looking down, "dr. banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him" fury tells tony, "let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a hydra weapon", "I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys" steve says, "monkeys? I do not understand" thor asks, "I do! I understood that reference". Tony rolls his eyes, while Cap looks proud of himself. "fyi I'm no longer associating with him" anastasiya says slowly warming up to the others. "Shall we play, doctor?" tony asks, "let's play some" bruce tells him. As Banner and Tony walk out, the GALAGA PLAYER turns ever so discreetly, watches as everyone else disperses and goes back to playing.