1.4

Shield

Anastasiya meets steve in the elevator at shield headquarters.

"Operations control" steve says to the computer, "confirmed" the computer says. just as the elevator doors are about to close Rumlow steps in with two strike agents, "keep all strike personnel on site" rumlow tells the agents, "understood" one agent tells him, "yes, sir" the second agent says, "forensics" rumlow requests, "confirmed" the computer says,"cap, rogers" rumlow greets, "rumlow" steve says as anastasiya gives rumlow a polite nod the elevator doors close and they start riding down. "evidence response found some fibres on the roof they want us to see, you want me to get the tac-team ready?" rumlow asks, "no, lets wait and see what it is first" steve instructs, "right" rumlow agrees Steve notices one of the agents touching his weapon suspiciously. the elevator stops and more shield and strike agents enter. "what's the status so far?" one agent asks, "administrations level" another agent tells the computer, Steve looks at the agents in the elevator before looking back at anastasiya having noticed one of the agents is sweating, then the elevator stops and more agents enter as the elevator doors close Steve realizes he and anastasiya have been surrounded by agents.

"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Steve asks, there's a moment's pause before suddenly one of the agents turns and uses an electric rod to give Steve a shock, the others grab him and try to strap his wrists with magnetic cuffs with two trying to get to anastasiya. Steve manages to knock some of them down but one cuff remains, then Rumlow uses his rod to give Steve a shock.

Anastasiya begins a fight with the two trying to get to her as Steve is being attacked Sitwell is in a control room watching them from a monitor, Steve manages to free himself from the magnetic cuff and knock all the agents down including the ones trying to cuff anastasiya, he turns to Rumlow.

"Whoa, big guy, I just want you to know, Cap, this ain't personal" rumlow declares, rumlow then goes to attack Steve with his electric rod but Steve manages to defend himself and eventually knocks Rumlow out. "it kind of feels personal" steve says. Steve picks up his shield then opens the elevator doors with anastasiya next to him, but the two are faced by a team of strike agents pointing their weapons at him. "drop the shield! Put your hands in the air!" Steve uses his shield to break off the elevator wires which sends the elevator down, as he forces the doors open he sees more strike agents approaching him and Anastasiya, he closes the door and looks for a way out. "the only way is to jump out" anastasiya warns. "give it up, Rogers! get that door open! You have nowhere to go!" an agent shouts, Steve breaks through the glass in the elevator and plummets down to finally hit the ground floor with anastasiya, from his monitor Sitwell watches in shock as Steve gets up with anastasiya and the two start running off. Steve rides out of the shield garage on his motorcycle with anastasiya on the back. evading the obstacles laid out but then a Quinjet emerges ahead of the two. "stand down, Captain Rogers and miss rogers, stand down", the Quinjet lowers its gun, "repeat, stand down" when Steve doesn't stop they start shooting at him and anastasiya,

Steve throws his shield into the propellers to jam it, giving him an opportunity to hop onto it and do more damage to the jet with his shield before jumping off as the jet goes crashing down and he escapes.

Both disguised as civilians dressed in hoodies, Steve and anastasiya go back to the hospital to retrieve the flash drive from the vending machine but find it's gone, then Natasha appears behind them chewing some gum, in anger Steve pushes her into a room.

"Where is it?" steve questions, "safe" nat tells him, "do better!" steve demands, "where did you get it?" steve asks, "why would I tell you?" nat asks, "Fury gave it to you, why?, what's on it?" steve asks, "I don't know" nat shrugs slipping anastasiya a piece of gum, "stop lying!" steve demands, "I only act like I know everything, Rogers" nat shrugs, "I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" steve asks, "well, it makes sense, the ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you" nat says, "I'm not gonna ask you again" steve warns, "ooh nat he's getting angry now" anastasiya remarks, "I know who killed Fury, most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who do call him the Winter Soldier, he's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years" nat reveals, "so he's a ghost story" steve assumes, "five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out my tires near Odessa, we lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there, I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me" nat pulls up her shirt to show the two the scar on the side of her stomach, "soviet slug, no rifling, bye-bye bikinis" nat remarks, "yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now" steve agrees, there's a hint of a smile from Natasha. "Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried" matasha holds up the flash drive, "like you said, he's a ghost story" nat adds, Steve takes the flash drive from her. "well, let's find out what the ghost wants" steve says, "In hydra they used to talk about the soldier and how I was going to be the newest asset" anastasiya reveals.