1.3

Steve and Anastasiya's apartment, Washington dc

As Steve is walking to his and anastasiya's apartment with anastasiya he hears his young neighbor talking on the phone as she goes to do her laundry.

"That's so sweet, that is so nice, hey, I gotta go, though, okay, bye" sharon says to the person on the phone before turning to Steve and Anastasiya, anastasiya enters the apartment but stops at the sound of music, steve cautiously enters their apartment though the window, he grabs his shield for protection as Anastasiya creeps around the corner with a bat the two find Fury sitting on their couch in the dark steve and fury argue causing the captain and his daughter to learn shield had been compromised when suddenly fury is shot, Steve hears someone breaking into the apartment and hears his neighbor calling out to him. "Captain Rogers?, Miss Rogers" the blonde asks, Steve sees her walking in with her gun pointed, "captain, miss rogers I'm Agent 13 of shield Special Service" the blonde tells steve. "Kate?" Steve questions, "I'm assigned to protect you both" sharon reveals, "on whose order?" steve asks, She notices Fury lying injured on the ground. "His" sharon goes to Fury then contacts shield through her radio. "Foxtrot is down, he's unresponsive. I need EMTs" agent 13 radios, do you have a twenty on the shooter?" sharon radios, Steve notices the shooter though the window. "Tell him I'm in pursuit" Steve smashes through the window window and runs after the assassin, who is the same mysterious man that had exploded Fury's car, Steve chases him through an office building smashing through the walls, when he finally catches up with him on the roof he throws his shield at the assassin, but he catches it with one swift move, then throws it back to Steve and then jumps down the building and disappears.

Hospital

Natasha goes to the hospital and meets up with Steve and Anastasiya they watch doctors operating on Fury.

"Is he gonna make it?" Nat asks, "I don't know" Steve tells her, "I hope he does" Anastasiya says. "Tell me about the shooter" natasha instructs, "he's fast and strong. Had a metal arm" steve rattles off, Agent Maria Hill also joins them. "ballistics?" nat asks, "three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable" Hill reveals, "soviet-made" nat says, "yeah" maria confirms, suddenly they watch in shock as Fury's state deteriorates. Steve, Natasha, Anastasiya and Hill watch in shock as Fury is flatlining. "Don't do this to me, Nick", "don't do this to me, Nick. Don't do this to me". the four watch the doctors as they continue to revive Fury but Fury is still showing as flatlining, Steve turns away as they finally call his time of death. Steve looks down at the flash drive Fury had given him.

Natasha and Steve are in a room where Fury's dead body has been laid out, Natasha is looking at Fury's body with tears running down her face, Hill joins them, steve had sent anastasiya to get some food.

"I need to take him". Steve goes over to Natasha. "Natasha" steve says. she doesn't respond, instead she tenderly touches Fury's head then turns and walks out, Steve follows her "Natasha!", "why was Fury in your apartment?" nat questions, "I don't know" steve says, the duo are interrupted by Rumlow. "Cap, they want you back at shield" rumlow tells steve, "yeah, give me a second" steve instructs, "they want you now" rumlow adds, "okay" Steve turns to Natasha. "You're a terrible liar" natasha turns and walks off. "STRIKE team, escort Captain Rogers back to shield immediately for questioning" sitwell says through the earpieces, "I told him" rumlow says, Steve notices the vending machine next to him, Steve then walks towards rumlow. "Let's go" steve nods, "yeah. STRIKE, move it out" rumlow instructs. Steve has hid the flash drive behind a pack of gums in the vending machine.