1.5

Mall

Steve and Natasha go to the mall disguised as a civilian couple with anastasiya disguised as their daughter.

"First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk" Nat instructs, "if I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off" Steve tells her, the trio head to the apple store to use one of their computers.

"The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up shield will know exactly where we are" nat explains, "how much time do we have?" steve asks, "uh...about nine minutes from..." nat sticks the flash drive into a MacBook Pro, "now" nat says. "fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something, this drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands" nat explains, "can you override it?" steve asks, "the person who developed this is slightly smarter than me, slightly" nat says.

"I'm gonna try running a tracer, this is a program that shield developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from" Nat explains, "can I help you guys with anything?" an employee asks, "oh, no, my fiancé and our daughter were just helping me with some honeymoon destinations" nat tells him, "right! We're getting married" steve says, "someone finally let me have an input in the planning" anastasiya says. "congratulations, where are you guys thinking about going?" the employee questions, Steve looks at the monitor and sees the signal traced to somewhere in New Jersey. "New Jersey" steve says, "oh" the employee looks at Steve for a moment. "I have the exact same glasses" the employee finishes. "wow, you two are practically twins" nat tells him, "yeah you could be long lost siblings" anastasiya says,  "yeah, I wish, specimen, uh...if you guys need anything, I've been Aaron" the employee leaves the trio alone.

"You said nine minutes, come on" steve instructs, "shh, relax, got it" nat says, the trio find out the signal is coming from Wheaton, NJ. "You know it?" anastasiya asks, "I used to, let's go" Steve pulls the flash drive from the computer and they walk out of the store two agents come straight towards the trio, "shut up and put your arm around me and the other one around anastasiya, laugh at something I said both of you" Nat instructs the two. "what?" steve questions, "do it!" anastasiya instructs, Steve quickly puts one arm around Natasha and the other around anastasiya and laughs along with anastasiya as the trio are going down the escalator Natasha spots Rumlow on the escalator next to them going up, she turns to Steve.

"Kiss me" nat instructs, "what?" Steve asks, "public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable" nat explains, "yes, they do" steve agrees, nat quickly pulls down Steve's head and pulls anastasiya in for a hug at the same time as she kisses steve whilst the two hug anastasiya to hide her face making Rumlow look away as he goes past them on the escalator. "You still uncomfortable?" nat asks, "it's not exactly the word I would use" steve shrugs, "always trust nat in these situations she's always got a plan" anastasiya tells steve.

The trio hit the road and head for new jersey.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" nat asks, "nazi germany" steve answers, "mm" nat says, "and we're borrowing, take your feet off the dash" steve instructs, "such a dad" anastasiya remarks, "your dad don't you forget that" steve retorts, Natasha takes her feet off the dash, "alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?" nat asks, "what?" steve prompts, "was that your first kiss since 1945?" nat asks, "that bad, huh?" steve asks, "I didn't say that" nat protests, "well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying" steve shrugs, "no, I didn't, I just wondered how much practice you've had" nat defends, "you don't need practice" steve argues "everybody needs practice" anastasiya pipes up, "it was not my first kiss since 1945, I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead" steve argues.

"Nobody special, though?" nat asks, steve chuckles, "believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience" steve explains, "well, that's alright, you just make something up" nat says, "what, like you?" steve asks, "I don't know, the truth is a matter of circumstances, it's not all things to all people all the time, and neither am I" nat explains, "that's a tough way to live" steve comments, "it's a good way not to die, though" nat argues, "you know, it's kind of hard to trust someone when you don't know who that someone really is" steve admits, "yeah, who do you want me to be?" nat asks, "how about a friend?" steve suggests, Natasha laughs softly.

"well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers" nat remarks, "definitely in the wrong business if you wanna be friends with everyone including enemies" anastasiya tells steve.