1.1 STRIKE

Washington D.C

Anastasiya sits in the passenger seat of the sports car nat was driving as they headed to pick up Steve for their latest strike team mission.  Natasha pulls up in her car by the curb and rolls down the window as anastasiya climbs into the back.

"Hey, fellas, either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? We're here to pick up a fossil" Nat greets, "that's hilarious" steve remarks. Steve walks over to her car and gets in, Sam gives Natasha and her car an appreciative look whilst anastasiya leans out the back window to wave to Sam having been taught to appear as a normal friendly teenager. "How you doing?" Sam asks nat waving back at anastasiya, "hey", can't run everywhere" steve shrugs, "no, you can't" Sam watches as Natasha quickly pulls away and drives off.

The trio stand on a quinjet with strike team the mission being led by Brock Rumlow.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform the Lemurian Star, they were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago" Rumlow explains, "any demands?" steve asks, "a billion and a half" rumlow reveals, "why so steep?" Anastasiya asks, "because it's SHIELD's" rumlow says, "so it's not off-course, it's trespassing" steve deduces.

"I'm sure they have a good reason" Nat shrugs, "you know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor" steve says, "relax, it's not that complicated" nat argues, "how many pirates?" steve asks, "twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy, Georges Batroc" rumlow shows them a photo of Batroc on the monitor.

"Ex-DGSE, Action Division, he's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice, before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions, this guy's got a rep for maximum casualties" rumlow explains, "hostages?" steve asks, "uh...mostly techs, one officer, Jasper Sitwell", rumlow pulls up Sitwell's photo on the monitor, "they're in the galley" rumlow gives the location, "what's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc, nat, ana you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions, rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out, let's move" steve instructs, "STRIKE, you heard the Cap, gear up" rumlow announces. "Secure channel seven" Steve says into his comm, "seven secure, did you do anything fun Saturday night?" Nat asks, "well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so no, not really" steve argues "way to be a bummer me and nat had fun something you don't know exists" anastasiya remarks. "Coming up by the drop zone, Cap" the pilot says, "you know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes" nat tells him, "that's why I don't ask" steve retorts, "too shy or too scared?" nat asks, "more like a dog with its tail between its legs" anastasiya remarks, "too busy!" steve corrects.

Steve jumps out of the jet heading for the ship first with natasha, anastasiya and another agent parachuting down onto the deck to join him and rumlow.

"What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? she seems kind of nice" Nat asks, "she is nice I've spoken to her a few times" anastasiya reveals, "secure the engine room, then find me a date" steve instructs, "I'm multitasking" natasha jumps down to the lower deck with anastasiya. Durand puts the phone down, turns and sees Natasha and anastasiya behind him, "Hey, sailor" Nat greets she quickly knocks him down and manages to swing down below deck shooting several of the pirates on the way meeting anastasiya who had gone ahead of her. "Natasha, Anastasiya, what's your status?" Steve asks, "we're busy hang on a sec" anastasiya instructs, natasha jumps down below deck to knock out one of the pirates, "status, natasha, anastasiya" steve demands, "hang on!" nat instructs, the pirate attacks Natasha who quickly knocks him out anastasiya dealing with another one. "Engine room secure" nat says. Natasha grabs a pipe from the ground and knocks out one of the pirates. "Natasha, Anastasiya, Batroc's on the move, circle back to Rumlow and protect the hostages" Steve wakes into his comms, the duo don't answer him, "natasha! anastasiya!" steve orders, steve smashes through into one of the rooms where Natasha is downloading something from the computer and Anastasiya is stood guarding the door. "Well, this is awkward" Nat remarks, "what are you doing?" Steve asks, "backing up the hard drive, It's a good habit to get into" nat shrugs, "rumlow needed your help, what the hell are you doing here?" Steve goes over to Natasha and looks at what Natasha is backing up. "You're saving SHIELD Intel" steve says, "well done now you can have a gold star!" anastasiya remarks, "whatever I can get my hands on" Nat says, "our mission is to rescue hostages" steve argues, "no, that's your mission" nat corrects as she finishes backing up and pulls the flash drive out. "and you've done it beautifully" nat adds as she goes to leave Steve grabs her arm.

"You just jeopardized this whole operation" steve berates, "I think that's overstating things" nat shrugs, suddenly Batroc rises and throws a grenade at the three as he runs off, Steve deflects the bomb with his shield, grabs Natasha along with anastasiya and jumps through a window before it explodes. "Okay, that one's on me" nat says, "you're damn right" steve agrees.