Chapter 18

(Remnant, Orbit)

Albert had stayed in orbit for the past week, he had been going over his multiple notes and going over where everything is. He sighed, he looked down at the little oasis in the ever vast dark. He then looked to the broken moon, this then led to Albert wondering, he got a bad feeling in his gut, he knew what he had to do. (meanwhile on Remnant) Ruby and their team were walking through the Vytal Festival. They were all smiling and laughing as they were walking to the nearest food stand. "Hey! It might be hard to eat without this" Emerald said, holding Ruby's wallet, which she then proceeded to practically feel in her pockets, Emerald hands Ruby her wallet. "Oh! Thanks, Emerald! I must have dropped it." Ruby states as she puts her wallet back into her pocket. "What's up Em?" Yang asked with a smile. "Nothing much, we just left the stadium, You guys were Amazing!" Emerald added. "Oh, shut your stupid face" Ruby said blushing. "I heard your team passed onto the next round as well." Blake added into the conversation. "You know I don't think we've seen much of your teammates," Weiss added.

"Speaking of teammates, where's the big guy? The one that always hangs out with you?" Emerald asks as she adjusts her belt. "Oh Albert?" Yang asked with Emerald nodding. "We haven't seen him for a week, he wasn't in his dorm," Yang added. "How do you know he wasn't just hiding in his dorm?" Emerald asked curiously. "Oh we bro-" Yang was about to say before she was interrupted by Weiss, "We got someone to check on him" Weiss stated. Emerald giggled and nodded. "Well, anyways how did your team fight?" Yang asked Emerald. "Really well." She says with a bit of unease. Ruby proceeded to ask them if they wanted to eat together but Emerald politely declined and the two teams went their separate ways. "Ugh I hate them..how can they just be happy all the time!" Emerald stated to Mercury. "Did you get what we wanted?" Mercury asked as the two were walking. "Yeah it's bimbo and princess" Emerald stated, "What about the pesky lightbearer?" Mercury added. "MIA" Emerald replied. "MIA? Where do you think he is?" Mercury asked curiously looking towards the sky and around. "No clue...from what they stated he kind of just vanished he hasn't been seen for over a week." Emerald said calmly, rubbing her temple.

"Maybe he died." Mercury said with a confident smile. "You heard what cinder said...their kind is already dead...They are undead warriors who rise again." Emerald stated. "Well then maybe he's doing what we are doing gathering information." Mercury states. "How do you think he can do that?" Emerald asked with only a shrug from Mercury. Back with Team RWBY they were at a stand with the word "A Simple Wok" over it. The team made their orders with all of them having the same but Blake who had a bowl of Tuna. As they tried to figure out how to pay, Weiss simply pulled out her card and gave it to the man. "What's the occasion Weiss?" Yang asked. "Consider it a thanks for sending me to the double rounds" Weiss said only for her card to be declined. All of them were in shock with Blake being the saddest, but luckily JNPR came to the rescue and all of them settled in.

(Remnant's Moon, 'Threshold')

As Albert's ship landed right on the top edge of the moon, he walked out of his ship and looked behind him to see the decaying parts of the moon's corpse floating right by it side. "I wonder..." Albert muttered as he readied his Bad Juju as he looked over the edge. "Well it looks like the hive isn't too dug in..at least from this side.." Albert stated as Nina popped out over his shoulder. "So how does it feel to be the first person on the moon?" Nina asked. "What do you mean I've been on 3 moons prior to this" Albert said to his Ghost as he began to explore the desolate waste land. "Well no one has ever been on this moon before ever." Nina stated calmly. Albert paused and looked at his ghost and cleared his throat. "Well this is one small step for man....and one great leap for mankind" Albert said as he did the stereotypical moonwalk in a circle earning a laugh from his ghost. "Well anyways I'm going to set up a transmat for later use." Albert said as he placed down a beacon. "Well Nina, can you give me a good scan to find out if there are any Hive on this moon?" Albert asked with a smile, Nina gave him a general scan.