Chapter 8

(Outskirts of Mount Glenn)

Albert stood looking through his bubble at the mass of grimm. "We're surrounded!" Nina stated fearfully. "Not if I can help it.." Albert muttered as he pulled out his Falling Guillotine just as his bubble disappeared. As the Grimm began to dogpile Albert, Sarvack simply gave a war cry of victory as it watched the Lightbearer get mauled. It began to turn around and walk away before it heard an explosion, as it turned around to see a chuck of the grimm pile had been blown away with lingering Void energy, Sarvack looked closer at it when it saw a blade of void energy cut through and disintegrate the grimm that had been Mauling the Lightbearer. Albert stood there on a Knee breathing heavily as Nina was trying her quickest to heal him. "See....told you I would get us out of that situation...Now let's get to hunting.." Albert said between his rapid breaths. He stood up and placed his sword on his back and pulled out Felwinter's Lie and loaded a shell into it as he looked up at Sarvack. Albert watched as the beast raised it's axe in the air and let out a howl as it summoned Taken. Albert was in shock as he watched as a group of taken Minotaurs, Acolytes, and Psions approached him. "UH...IT CAN SUMMON TAKEN?!" Nina yelled in shock. Albert ejecting an old shell from Felwinter's lie. "It seems that might be the case.." Albert stated as he prepared for the attack.

"Makes me wish that we just stayed at Beacon and went to see the stuff they prepared for that Vytal Festival..you know I think Team RWBY was supposed to go do that earlier you know." Nina stated as Albert was piggybacking on a Taken Minotaur punching it's head in. He then falls to the ground when the taken Minotaur dies, and turns to kill several Taken Psions as he backs up to look at what remained of the Taken attackers. "Be stuck with Team RWBY...or fight off...*Albert mutter counting* 3 Taken Minotaurs, 8 Taken Acolytes, 15 Taken Psions, and a Hive Ultra? Both seem to be not the greatest" Albert said as he tossed a grenade at the Group of Psions that had just split but all were vaporized in the blast. "Well with team RWBY at least you wouldn't die." Nina said with hope in her voice. "Um...you know Team RWBY right? I once got a glance in their room, they have these makeshift bunk beds, and let me tell you it looked like more of a death trap then some of Cayde's rigged up things" Albert said as he grabbed a Taken Acolyte and smashed its head into the ground killing it instantly. Albert finished off the rest of the taken. 

"Shit where did it go?" Albert asked as he looked around the abandoned area. "ON YOUR SIX!" Nina yelled out of nowhere, and out of gut feeling Albert rolled forward to barely dodge an axe to the back. Albert turned to look at the hive ultra. It simply let out a chuckle. "The fuck? It chuckled a Hive chuckled" Albert said in fearful shock. "Um...uh..yeah I don't like this" Nina stated. It suddenly had a different aura glow to it and stopped in its place. "So you are Ozma's lightbearer..." It said with a feminine voice, Albert took a second to pause and realize. "So...you must be this Salem I heard so much about." Albert stated as he gripped his Felwinter's Lie. "Smart...I already dislike you..." Salem stated through the body of Sarvack. "You know you're being used as a pawn right?" Albert asked Salem in curiosity.

"Me a pawn? No..no..I'm simply working with Savathûn to conquer my planet" Salem stated with sureness. "You know what they call her right? Queen of Lies, The Scheme-Mother, The Witch, Insidious! You are being played Salem! For Savathûn twisted plans of ritualistic slaughter and plot to surpass both light and dark." Albert yelled as he aimed his shotgun at Sarvack and fired a couple rounds into the beast. "A waste of time...Just like she said..No wonder you were abandoned on Luna." Salem bluntly states. Albert paused and got angered by this and the Aura around Sarvack was released, and it was back to being a pawn. It swung its axe down at Albert for him to counter it with his sentinel shield. He looked up at Sarvack for it to growl as it pushed down harder. Albert started his retaliation as he started to bash his shield into Sarvack, he got it down a quarter of its own health before it retreated. "SHIT! Nina, where did it go!" Albert asked in anger as he looked around trying to figure out where it had gone. "No use...it left the area completely..looks like it entered something similar to the Ascendant Realm but it's different somehow.." Nina said. "And I'm going to take that as 'we don't have access to that because we don't know how to get in'... Am I correct?" Albert asked as he saw that the darkness zone had faded and he felt the light more easily coming to him as he healed. Nina popped out of his backpack and spun, "yeah...Basically..wait" Nina said as she opened up as if she was scanning. "I'm picking up a message from Ozpin," Nina states in surprise. "Really? What is it?" Albert asks in curiosity. "It's a 4 word message." Nina starts as she continues to scan. "Go...To..Vale..Docks? Go to vale docks? What could possibly be at Vale docks?" Nina asked. "No clue but do I have access to my jump ship?" Albert asked. "Yeah..but it seems that the warp drive isn't working which means we are limited to interplanetary travel and going to the planet's moon." Nina said. Albert summoned his Ship, The Third Tide. Albert jumped and was transmatted into his ship, and it flew off to Vale in a hurry, (if you played Destiny 1, you'd remember how when you first spawn into the game and get your ship, after flying away from the fallen you see the Stranger watching as your ship flies away this is similar to that scene) A mysterious woman wearing a red dress with flowing black hair stared at the ship with a evil grin as it flew off.