Chapter 3

The Emerald Forest, Cliffside

As Albert and the other students lined up at the cliffside. "I'm glad you all could make it, for centuries we have used to determine your strength." Ozpin stated as he gripped his mug. "Now please note that the first person you lay your eyes on will be your partner for the next 4 years." Ozpin said with multiple gasps and murmurs around me going on about this. Albert sighed as he could care less if he was part of a team or not his business was to hunt the Agents of Savathûn. Albert cracked his knuckles with a little void flair to it, he then pulled Jotunn from his holster and placed it on his hand. He looked around listening to some blonde kid who sounded scared out of his mind about something about a landing strategy. "Landing strategy?" Albert thought to himself as suddenly he felt himself get 'booped' off the ground. "SHIT I GOT PHANALAXED" Albert thought as he was trying to figure it out. He then saw another one of those giant birds flying under him. He channeled all the void energy to his head and aimed his head down towards it and smashed into the bird, causing the two to plummet to the ground for everyone to hear and see.

*back at the cliffside* Ozpin and Goodwitch stared at the small purple hued mushroom cloud. *back to Albert*, Albert slowly rose out of the small creator he made with the mighty void impact he caused. "So what is it we are looking for Nina?" Albert asked his ghost as he began to walk around. "I marked it on your HUD, we're not too far" Nina chirped to her guardian. As the two continued down they heard gun fire. Nina popped out of his backpack. "Looks like we are missing all the fun." Nina said sarcastically to her guardian. "yeah...I don't think we are, they seem to have it handled," Albert said as he began to move back to the cliffside, "I think we should help them. It seems like they may need it." Nina said, "UGH fine, okay I'll help" Albert said diverting his course towards the others.

He saw Ruby get stuck by some of those Feathers form those giant crow birds from earlier, He then saw the biggest scorpion ever, taking notice to what was happening and everything he charged. Before any of the others could help, Albert had smashed his head into the scorpion sending it flying and causing it to land on its side. He then summoned a small amount of light to form a sentinel shield only enough to guard, not attack. "OKAY I'M COVERING YOU, COULD ONE OF YOU UNSTICK RED?!" Albert yelled as he looked to see Yang run over and unstick her. After listening to the two his shield deactivate and he pulled out his handy dandy Jotunn, and began to charge it, He fired it a couple times at both the bird and the Scorpion. He slowed his attack as the scorpion was frozen by the ice queen, as he then looked over and saw a temple and walked over to it. He saw three chess pieces, a king that had hues of green soul fire, a bishop made of jade, and a knight with a fiery warm light. He knew exactly what all of them meant, The dark, the crossroads, and the light...He grabbed the crossroads after all he was one of the Drifter's Dredgens.

He then saw everyone fighting off the scorpion and the crow, and he decided despite Nina's protest he decided to let destiny choose if they lived or died. "I'm just saying Nina, it's the law of the jungle," Albert said as he made it back to the cliff. After this the initiation was over for the titan. -Timeskip-, "And Team RWBY led by Ruby Rose," Ozpin stated with everyone on her team but the ice queen was excited for her. Albert clapped, and expected it to be over but the wizard had over plans. "And finally our last student, as we had a miscount in students this year, Albert Woods'' Ozpin said. "Ah crap.." Albert whispered under his breath. "Due to there being a miss count you will be beacon's first one man team!" Ozpin stated with a smile on his face. He put his hand out and Albert shook it with respect. After that everyone was assigned dorm rooms. As Albert entered his he pulled out his newly acquired scroll to see all the classes. He took off his helmet and set it on his desk. "Man I am kind of tired...who knew smashing your head into so many things could make a titan so tired." Albert mumbled, Nina only laughed, "Image how Saint-14 feels" Nina added. Albert just chuckled at her remark, "That's unfair you know Saint is an Exo, plus he's been smashing skulls in since I was a young guardian." Albert added as he put his weapons into his backpack. He then summoned more comfortable clothing, a pair of grey jeans, a black and gold t-shirt (think almost the crest of alpha lupi),and a black denim jacket. "I think I should go grab a quick bite to eat," Albert said as he suddenly got a knock on his door. Nina and Albert looked at each other and then at the door, as he opened it he looked down to find himself looking at a box with a symbol he hadn't seen in a long time. It was the Jade snakes of the Drifter. Albert grabbed already sensing something dark within it. He then wrapped it into an extra bed-sheet he had and tossed it into the closet. "I'll deal with it later.." Albert muttered as he exited his room to grab some dinner for himself with Nina following him into his backpack.