Chapter 1

*note: "italics" are when Nina, Albert's Ghost is talking to him from his backpack* 

"Albert? Eye's Up!" Nina yelled at her guardian who was leaning against a tree in an all too green forest. "urgh..My head....Nina, where are we?" Albert questioned looking up at his ghost. She floated around and scanned the forest and then flew high into the sky. In the meantime Albert got himself up and checked his weapons, he checked ammunition and other such things. After gathering himself, he drew his sunshot from the holster on his back, Nina then came down and placed herself on his shoulder, "Albert, I have no idea where we are, I've scanned all the data I can and all information I have shows this planet showing up on none of our known star maps!" Nina said in worry. Albert sighed as he looked at his surroundings, "It almost looks like the EDZ" Albert mentioned, "I guess it does" Nina replied to her guardian. Their conversation was cut short when the motion tracker went crazy, from the looks of it they are being surrounded. "Nina, get in my backpack.." Albert said as he readied his sunshot aiming in a general direction. "What?!" Nina asked in shock, but before Albert replied a giant crow appeared, and with it an army of weird wolf and bear creatures, all of them covered in bones and darkness. "BACKPACK NOW!" Albert shouted as he opened fire on the mysterious creatures, "don't need to tell me twice." Nina said as she went into his backpack.

The wolves charged at him, nothing a couple shots from the sunshot didn't solve. He looked at the others remaining, the giant crow and the bears. "I think the crow might be their boss, best if you take it out" Nina said, "I couldn't agree more.." Albert said, holstering his sunshot and pulling out his falling guillotine. The bear creatures began to run at him, and he did the same, though he had a trick up his sleeve. As soon as he was too close for comfort to these creatures he tossed a throwing hammer at one which hit it stunning it and it bounced and hit the other stunning it as well, and in one fell swoop he cut down both of the bears in one flowing movement with his blade. "Alright now for the big guy.?" Albert became confused as to where the giant crow went. "Where did it go?" Albert asked his ghost as he looked around. "um...I hate to say it but I think it's coming straight at you." Nina said to her guardian. "Huh?-FUCK!" Albert was cut off as he was headbutted and dragged into the air by the giant bird. "Does this thing have any weak points you can see?" Albert asked getting his hold on the giant fiend. "Um....I'd say just behead this over-sized goose!" Nina shouted at her guardian. He sighed in irritation as he held falling guillotine in his hands. Albert then gained an idea, "Alright! I have a Plan!" Albert shouted as the wind howled past him, he then placed his sword onto his back."I'm in your head, remember! I can see your thoughts and I hate this alrea-DY!" Nina said to her guardian in shock as he punched the giant bird in the head sending both spiraling to the ground and with that they came crashing from the heavens into the solid earth.

Out of the creator Nina was floating above it and revived her guardian. "Did we do it? Did I kill it?" Albert asked as he was dusting the dirt and tree branches off his armor. "I'm not to su-" Nina was cut off as the giant crow bursted from the creator though it's wings seemed to be broken. "Jesus! This damn thing just doesn't want to die huh?" Albert said annoyed as he tightened his grip on Falling Guillotine and ready himself for battle. The giant death bird roared and began it's attacks throwing razor-like feathers at him, the titan reacted and placed his barrier down. With several deep breaths he ran out from the barrier and charged the beast, slicing it in half horizontally. He sighed as it started to dissipate into ash. Nina popped out of his backpack to scan the remains as they slowly dissipated. "It's strange this thing is made up of almost all darkness..similar to that of the taken, except well...they're not taken" Nina said looking at her guardian. Albert and Nina then just took a second to breath. "UGH! Why are you so stupid?! Plunging you and a giant bird into the ground?!" Nina yelled at her guardian, only to receive a chuckle. "Well that's what you get for reviving a titan, I use my head" Albert said proudly as he holstered his sword. Nina was about to speak when she was interrupted by someone other than her guardian.

"Impressive. Not many can take down a small Grimm army and survive like that guardian" A man in black and green attire said to the two of them. "Um..who are you?" Nina asked, but she noticed how her guardian was looking at him. "You..you're the green light that dragged me into this world.." Albert said as he looked at the man. He chuckled, "I am Professor Ozpin, headmaster of Beacon Academy you may be wondering why I brought you to my humble world filled with..monsters" Ozpin said. "Well..Actually yes" Nina said annoyed. "You see those monsters you are known as Grimm, and they are controlled for the most part by an evil mistress who calls herself Salem...me and her go way back but that's not super important" Ozpin explained only taking a break to drink from his mug. "You see she has made a pact with this Savathûn, and creatures and monsters from your universe I fear are soon to follow, and Salem is only gaining strength from this." Ozpin said. Albert only chuckled. "If the Queen of lies is involved with this dark mistress Salem I can only assume she is being used as a pawn for Savathûn's game to surpass the light and the dark and her continued ritualistic slaughter." Albert said as he looked around the forest making sure they weren't being watched. "Even is Salem is a pawn, we still need your help guardian..And I don't think you have anywhere to go." Ozpin said, taking another sip from his mug. "Uh..Okay you have me there..what do you want me to do?" Albert asked, readying himself for anything. "You will be coming with me Guardian, and I hope you have casual clothing, because you're going to school." Ozpin said as he began to walk in the opposite direction. The titan paused, as his ghost began to laugh hard. "Um..what?" Albert asked only to have to catch up with the mysterious headmaster. 

( I hope you enjoy chapter 1 of A Titan in the Rose Field, I will try to update as regularly as possible, but I hope this holds you over, Oh yeah if you have a title recommendation for chapter 1 I'd be grateful, Thanks Kazumi)