The Dawning Special

(Vale downtown)

It was a bit chilly than usual, even a little bit of snowfall. We see Albert walking around the downtown noticing people setting things up for a winter festival of some sorts. He looked around to see people happy, smiling, not a fear or worry in the world. He sighed, "reminds me of the Dawning." Nina said with a happy chirp. Albert just chuckled as he walked. "yeah..I guess it is like the Dawning." Albert said with a smile as he continued to walk around. It brought him back to one of his favorite dawning memories. (flashback.)

(The Tower, Last Safe City, The City age|the days before Oryx, the Taken King threaten the system|)

We come to see a titan wearing the Battlecage of Kabr, Deadlight Chest and Leg pieces, and Ruinwings. He looks around the tower seeing the snow and people just chatting. Nothing like when he was with the sunbreakers, he was always on the job with them. He notices a warlock wearing the Obsidian mind, Astrolord robe, gloves and gauntlets of The Hezen Lords, and a hunter wearing almost entirely Iron Banner gear. The two walk up to him. "Albert, glad to see you made it. Happy Dawning!" The warlock said happily. "Thanks Gevatter...It's just weird I never really participated in the Dawning before." Albert said calmly. "Really you never participated in a Dawning before?" The Hunter asked as he adjusted his hood. "Yeah, Never. I've always been out in the wilds" Albert replied with an awkward laugh. The Hunter laughed, "Oh man the fun we are going to have.." He added as he wrapped his arm around Albert giving him a noogie. "Come on Ashes, give the Titan some space, I say we head down to that spicy noodle shop down in the Peregrine District" Gevatter suggests as Ashes-4 lets go of Albert. "I like the sound of that, they have killer dumplings there..and maybe we can either get Cerys and Anarchy and we can rampage through the Crucible or we can go to the Reef and smash up a couple of baddies in the Prison of Elders." Ashes suggests to his teammates as they are walking towards one of the elevators to go down into the city. "Maybe the Prison, I got a new exotic the other day that I've been dying to try out.." Gevatter says with a chuckle as he adjusted his helmet. "What do you think Albert?" Ashes asks Albert as both him and Gevatter turn to look at their Titan. "Uh...food first punch later." Albert said calmly. "Alright, Prison of Elders it is" Ashes said calmly looking at the two as the 3 share a laugh as they go into the city.

(Back to the present at Vale)

As Albert continued to walk around he looked to see people setting up decorations and small stands popping up everywhere. "Seems like the people of this world really like this winter holiday." Nina said, "too bad Eva isn't here, she makes the best cookies." Nina added. "Yeah..I miss Gram Gram (the nickname Albert gave Eva)." Albert said calmly as he went up to a stand and bought himself a cup of tea. He looks at his scroll, "I guess I should get back to beacon." Albert said calmly and to himself as he walked into an alleyway. "Niners do you thing" Albert said as he opened his palm and Nina popped out. "Setting Transmat" Nina said and with a simple flash of light he was at Beacon's landing docs. He simply saw the school was also being decorated for this winter festival. "I'm starting to wonder what this winter holiday could be called?" Albert asked as he was making his way back to his room. "Maybe it's something like....um Christmas?" Nina asked. "Ok stop making up words...just like Pineapples like it's just made up.." Albert said calmly to his Ghost. "BUT I saw it in a transcript from a pre golden age book!" Nina said. "I don't believe that....you don't read" Albert said as he opened his door. "I do too.." Nina said with what could be described as a pouty emotion to her voice. Albert then turns to see a bag of Cookies on his bed. He looks at it and then Opens the note attached to it. "To my teammate Albert, you may be wondering why one of my copies is currently not here, well I went back to the last safe city, as the dawning is happening. Don't  worry no one knows about you being alive as we'll save that for some other time, but I stopped by Gram Gram and picked up your favorite Cookies, as Did Ashes, Anarchy and Cerys, they all wished you a happy Dawning to wherever you were. Expect me to be back in the coming days. -Gevatter Tod" Albert put the note down and pulled a cookie out, he could smell the faintest bit of orange peel. He just took it in as Nina popped out. "Happy dawning!" She said with the cheer she always had as she spun around. Albert smiled as he held a picture of him and his First raid team, it was them after they had gone through the Vault of Glass. "Happy Dawning." Albert said in the Bittersweet moment. 

(hey everyone Happy holidays, I just wanted to make this for the heck of this and it doesn't relate at all to the main story just something I thought would be fun to put in here. But again Happy Holidays! - Kazumi)