Chapter 19

(Beacon Academy, Courtyard)

Albert was sitting in his dorm quietly thinking as he looked at his wall, he was studying Gevatter's Deathbringer that he entrusted to him. Albert sighed and took it and placed it into his inventory figuring it would be put to better use if it wasn't hanging on his wall. He then looked over and grabbed his over array of weapons and got himself ready as he was going to go ahead and see Ozpin about the ever looming threat of the Hive, and...to discuss on a topic he would rather not speak of. He exited the dorms fully geared, with his falling guillotine on his back and he made his way to Ozpin's office.

As he was making his way further he saw explosions coming in from the main entrance of the school. "Looks like someone is having a good time" Nina states calmly as Albert rushed to see Qrow and someone who looked like an older version of Weiss Schnee. He noticed the two about to collide Qrow's scythe and her rapier about to meet. Everyone around them including ruby and weiss were all shocked when they thought the two's blades would combine, when they saw a shield made of purple energy blocking the scythe and a hand holding onto the rapier. Qrow looked shocked as did the older version of weiss. "Albert?" Qrow asked curiously, Albert only turned his head to look at Qrow and did the same to Weiss 2.0. He sighed "All of you that's enough!" Ironwood yelled out. Qrow relaxed and put his weapon away causing Albert's sentinel shield to deactivate but he was still holding onto the Schnee's rapier cause he could still see the killing intent in her eyes. "Schnee." Ironwood said, giving her the eye and she finally yielded.

Albert let go with her rudely taking back her sword. He simply looked as the crowd had gathered and Glynda was fixing up the courtyard and Ozpin cleared his throat. "Now everyone, there are sanctioned fights in the coliseum right around the corner, that I can assure you have way better seats..and popcorn" He said with a smile. Albert watched as Ironwood and Schnee started to walk away with Goodwitch and others. Albert watched as Qrow was socializing with Ruby when he noticed Ozpin about to call him over. "Oye Qrow, we got things to discuss" Albert called over to Qrow, who took notice and waved goodbye to his niece. All of them stood in the elevator up to Ozpin's office, needless to say the air was tense. Qrow and Albert on one side and Ironwood and Schnee on the other, with Ozpin and Goodwitch were in between them. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Schnee scolds Qrow, "If you were one of my men, I'd have you shot." Ironwood states with irritation.

"If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself" Qrow stated as he took a swig from his flask, with Albert snickering at the comment. "And you Guardian! Why did you put yourself in between those two! You could have caused more damage!" Ironwood states in anger, "Still pissed about her bones I see....well if I didn't intervene there would have been more damage and a possible civilian causality." Albert states calmly. Ironwood sighed and then Qrow and Ironwood went into some sort of dilemma about communication, though Albert wasn't listening as he was conversing with Nina about getting Gevatter to that moon. "I mean we have no clue what Gevatter is even doing. He said that the fight against the darkness is getting more interesting, more things are unraveling as we speak. I don't know how much help he can provide, I mean it's the literal darkness." Albert said to his ghost. "I mean I have already contacted Schatten, so in any case he knows we seek his knowledge of all things darkness" Nina replies to her guardian. Albert sighs as the conversation starts about the agents. "I think we need to find our guardian." Ozpin states bluntly as all of them turn to look at Albert who had been in deep thought, I.E. conversation with his ghost. "Huh?" Albert stated innocently.

Ironwood sighs, "I suggest someone else." Ironwood states in irritation. "Huh what's going on sorry." Albert stated as Nina popped out. This caught Ironwood's attention who was staring at Nina intensely. "Well what did you find on your lunar exploration." Ozpin decides to ask. "Well you see it seems the hive do have a foothold upon your moon, though, not as bad as I've seen, surprisingly for how much hive activity you have her on remnant you're lucky." Albert states. "How can we be lucky, there are those things on our world and moon." Ironwood states acting as he knows best. "Well you see...I've seen moons and planets fully taken over by the hive....These places become husks there for formerself." Albert stated. Albert looks to see Ironwood too close to his ghost, and suddenly he would be met by Albert's soulless helmet staring at him. He backed away slowly. "So anyways, as always Ironwood and Ozpin, I'll keep my eyes on the Agents. You can trust me on that but...find your savior then I can help you further." Albert states as he gets up and walks towards the elevator. "I have places to be. So I'll be leaving to deal with that." Albert states.

-Elsewhere..., The Annex, Drifter's quarter's-

Schatten looked over his guardian's shoulder at the stewing darkness. Gevatter chuckled. "Isn't it quite interesting." Gevatter states aloud. "A gift from the darkness..I mean look at this weapon. It practically shoots pure darkness." Gevatter states. "You know with the way you preach darkness I wouldn't be surprised if Aunor has a target on your back." Ashes-4 states calmly as he looks at the warlock. Gevatter chuckles, as Schatten suddenly acts off. "Oye, what's up with schatten?" Ashes asked. "Incoming message from...a certain someone." Gevatter states. "A certain someone? Almost like you're talking about Albert." Ashes states calmly to the warlock. He looks over to the warlock who has become nervous. "You're not implying that Albert's been alive this whole time right? I mean you went there personally to hellmouth!" Ashes states. Gevatter nodded and walked out. "I have important field work to do on Luna, I'll be back in a while." Gevatter states as he walks out of the Drifter's quarters. "I say Dredgen Behemoth is laying low fighting the darkness elsewhere...Maybe fell into a vex portal! I mean you did find that big one on the moon right? Lead to the black garden?" Drifter states. Ashes looks at the drifter and then back to where Gevatter left. He wondered.

-To Be continued.