Chapter 30

~ Chapter Thirty ~ 

Lizzy and Nate are sitting at the kitchen table sipping their coffee when Jamie and I enter the kitchen. While Lizzy pours another two mugs of coffee, Jamie and I join them to catch them up on our decision to live together while the investigation is open. I also agree to keep the bodyguard around for protection and Nate assures me that I'm making the right decision. 

After finishing our coffee and gathering my belongings, Nate and Lizzy walk us to the door. 

"You've always been a lil' scrapper, Sis. I'm proud of you and the amazing woman you have become. God, I love you and am so fucking happy for you, right now." I've never seen my brother so happy. The energy in the room induces contagious laughter amongst us and we all start hugging one another. 

While Nate gives Jamie his approval with a handshake and a hug, I catch my brother secretively exchanging words with him as I hug Lizzy. 

"I'll ring you later Lizzy!" I shout back as we walk down the path to the cab waiting for us. 

"Go to bed!" Lizzy calls out. 

"Oh we will, you can count on it!" I look back and wink. 

"Hey! I saw that! She means get some sleep!" Nate shouts out to clarify. 

Opening the door for me, Jamie secretly smiles his panty dropping smile at me and I can't help kissing him in front of everyone wanting to clarify I'm all Jamie's, always. 

I throw Nate and Lizzy a kiss and wave goodbye, since I can't shout and smile, then duck into the back of the cab.  

Another whirl-wind day, I think to myself as we head back to Jamie's, um, I mean "our" flat. It will take me a while to get used to saying "ours". Jeezes, I can't believe it. I am the luckiest girl in the world. 

Later that afternoon, after waking up in Jamie's arms, Nate and I arrange Erika and Ella to meet us at the pub for couples' night out. Erika brings her new beau Niall, an investigative reporter, and Ella finally arrives into town sans Ruairi; thus, complaining that it's not fair that she's the odd person out.  

After a lovely steak dinner and decadent chocolate brownie dessert, we all kick back and let loose sharing fun, embarrassing stories. 

"Nate do you remember when Ella was three and she had been playing in Mum and Dad's room? We must have been around ten and fourteen years old and we were playing video games. It was a heated competition between us and we had the same score." 

"Oh fuck yeah!" Nate remembers and knows what I'm about to tell.  

"Well, we were focused intently on the bloody score and Ella walked right up to us holding out her hand, blocking the telly. She was holding something in her hand and we were dodging left and right to see around her, telling her to move. Ella insistently kept shoving the thing in our faces yelling, 'Here you go, Nay-Nay.' We both freaked out because Ella had a sealed foil package in her hand, labeled, Trojan, and dropped it in Nate's lap!" 

"Ewww!" Ella covered her face and we all roared hysterically. 

"Jesus, I almost had a stroke!" Nate belts out a deep, hardy laugh. "Audrey, you didn't even know what is was!" 

"Okay, true, but I beat you in Mario Bros.!" I pump my fist in the air. "You freaked out and grabbed it so fast! Then you flew out of the room and forgot about the game!"