Chapter 29

~ Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ 

 I hear a knock at the door waking me up. Dazed and confused as to my whereabouts, I notice my sister's poster of David Beckham on the wall and last night's events invade my memory. Another knock follows and this time Lizzy calls my name through the door. 

"I'm up." My voice is still raspy reminding me of the hospital, Jamie, and our argument.  

"May I come in?" Lizzy asks. 

Popping up to completely shake off my sleepiness, I try to reply cheerfully, "Sure, come in." 

She's still dressed in her nightshirt and sweatpants. Oddly, I notice she's wearing a bra. 

"Morning, did you sleep well?" 

I remember I cried myself to sleep, which is why my eyes feel swollen. I shrug my shoulders and mumble, "Not really." 

"Well I know someone else who had a rough night as well." Lizzy treads carefully as she speaks. 

"Probably," I agree. Jamie was absolutely desperate when I left last night. 

"Well I know because Jamie called last night and talked to Nate after you fell asleep. And well, he's been here since seven this morning." Lizzy's eyes are fixed on my reaction. 

"What! What time is it? How long has he been here?" Thrashing around to find a clock, Lizzy takes my hand to calm me down. 

"Audrey," Lizzy uses her sweet, maternal tone, as she always does when she's about to give me her sage advice. "Who cares what time it is? The man who loves you is out in the kitchen talking to your brother and he is absolutely out-of-his-mind, worried about losing you." 

"What did he tell you? Tell me everything!" I'll just die if she knows about his past lifestyle! Nate just might kick him out and I'll never get to talk to him again! There goes my happily ever after! Wait, what am I thinking? I'm not sure if I can even live with his admission. 

"Audrey, we know he hired a personal body guard to watch his place and you. Nate also agreed with Jamie to hire a personal investigator to find Aiden." Her voice calmly rises an octave, "Honey, this is serious, someone is stalking you and if it is Aiden, then you know come hell or high water, your brother and Jamie are going to find him." 

"I know." I resign nodding my head in agreement. 

"Now I know that Jamie is controlling, but that isn't always a bad trait." 

Oh shit! What did he say? Oh please, I'll be mortified if she knows he had a submissive. Oh God, I can't even think about it! My Jamie, sweet, loving, gorgeous, sexy... Oh fuck, what was I thinking! Who wouldn't submit to him? He's unbearably sexy, handsome, funny, seductive, chivalrous...  

"Just talk to him Audrey. Nate and I both think you need to talk to him and work this out. Don't waste another moment being apart! You've waited too long to find each other." 

I close my eyes and nod. She's right. Again. 

Lizzy pats my hand and walks out quietly. Within ten seconds, I look up to see Jamie standing in the doorway. Our eyes briefly connect and he sits at the bottom of the bed. He speaks first. 

"Hi." He enters cautiously looking wrecked and exhausted. 

"Hi." His presence takes my breath away. The beauty of his heart and unwavering devotion shines above all of his undeniable beauty straight into by body and soul. 

"I'm sorry I yelled and lost my temper last night." 

Captivated by him and rendered speechless, I just listen and fidget with the edge of the sheet.