Chapter 5

~ Chapter Five ~

Jamie sighs as if he's about to let the chips fall where they may. His warm lips press softly against the shell of my ear. 

"Audrey, I want you. You have no idea how much I want you." Whispering softly, he reveals, "I've tried to resist you so many times tonight: in the pub while you were in my arms dancing, in the cab when you were so close I could smell your floral scent, in the kitchen when I saw your hair framing your beautiful face, and right now, knowing I want to know everything about you." 

Holy Hell, that was romantic! 

I look just how I feel: wanton, but cautious. 

I sigh hesitantly. I'm nervous. I'm frightened. But I never imagined wanting another man the way I want this man, even knowing this may last only one night. 

"It's ok, if you don't... I mean I understand we only just met."  

Gazing into his disappointed, blue eyes I sigh, "I want you. Believe me, Jamie. I want you." Without thinking, I gently clutch his shirt in my fist and hold on to him realizing I don't want to let go, I couldn't even if I wanted to.  

Looking solemnly into my eyes, he sighs with aching relief, letting his shoulders fall and relax. Stroking my cheek, he tips my chin toward his eyes. With earnest intent, he murmurs, "I want to do this right." 

Taking my wine glass out of my hand, he drinks the rest and places it on the table. I can't take my eyes off him. What does he mean, the right way? His plump pink lips are so close, my mouth starts to water. Softening his eyes, he releases a breathy sigh before he whispers seductively, "God I want to taste your sweet lips." 

My breath hitches, my eyelids become heavy, and my lips numbly fall open. The kiss I was hoping for in the cab! 

Cradling my face in his hands, staring at my lips with his smoky, blue eyes, he whispers softly, "Relax, don't move."  

I'm in a catatonic state as he moves toward me, torturously slow. So achingly slow, I feel myself quiver with relentless anticipation and close my eyes in surrender. His cologne makes my head swim and the wine scent is mouthwatering. 

Lightly his lips teasingly feather against mine, so light, a high-pitched whimper escapes from my throat. His thumb feathers across my cheek. "I'm right here, baby." I feel his whisper tickle my lips. Gently, his lips ever so softly consume mine tenderly, followed with low masculine whimper sending shivers all over my body. With the tip of his tongue barely traceable, moist kisses paralyze my lips. This kiss is hot and sexy, yet tender and reverent: our first kiss.  

Warm, swollen lips gently suck my bottom lip and a hot breathy sigh escapes my mouth again. I feel him smile as he claims my top lip. 

"You taste so sweet, Audrey."  

I love the way his lips melt on mine with tender reverence. His kisses are heavenly. Relaxed and serene, my face feels tingly, almost numb from his paralyzing, soft kiss. Still closed, my eyes feel heavy and moist while my lips tingle for more gentle caresses.  

Random contradicting thoughts invade my mind, as if Erika is counter arguing against my thoughts and anxiety. I know her all too well. This is asking for trouble, I feel it. Audrey, you have to live a little. I'll keep an emotional safe distance. Audrey, let your hair down for once. But this is so risky. You deserve to enjoy yourself. Maybe I should slow down. Audrey, you want him. Yes, I do! You are the only one stopping yourself. Jamie makes me feel so alive again! LLA! 

My mind, as well as my sex starved body, craves him desperately! Throwing caution to the wind, I hastily let my guard down before I can change my mind.