Chapter 16

~ Chapter Sixteen ~ 

 The next morning at work, I'm lost in thought, thinking about last night's conversation with Claire when my mobile rings. 

"Good morning, Luv. Can you meet me for lunch around noon?" 

"Good morning to you. I would love to. Where do you want to meet?" 

"I only have 30 minutes, so I will bring sandwiches and drinks and meet you in the lobby." 

"Sounds lovely, thank you. Is Claire coming as well?" 

"No. She's off to stay with her friends." 

"Oh, that's too bad. I was hoping to see her before she left. Ok well, I'll see you at noon." 

"See you soon Luv." 

My body buzzes delightfully just hearing his voice. I dive into work willing the morning to pass quickly. 

Around 11:45, I freshen up my hair and makeup and dot drops of perfume behind each ear and wrist. At 11:55, Jamie sends a text to notify me that he's waiting downstairs. I grab my handbag and fly off! I'm as excited as a child on Christmas morning! 

As I exit the lift, I see him and take a mental snapshot of him. Leaning against a column, as sexy as ever, Jamie is posed in a gorgeous black cashmere sweater, tan trousers with one leg crossed in front of the other. His one foot is propped up by the toe of his polished black shoes, exuding a sexy, carefree attitude. He's holding our lunch and a bouquet of red and white flowers.  

"Hello gorgeous." His deep tone reverberates through me. 

"Hello yourself, sexy man." I smile and stand up on my tip toes to place a small kiss on his warm, masculine neck just below his ear. His scent is intoxicating and my hormones run wild. "Mmm, you smell nice. I could take you right here and now."  

"You are just lucky you slipped out so quietly this morning. You would have been late had I seen you before you left." He whispers in my ear and squeezes my waist. I need to discuss a few things with you and I only have 30 minutes." Jamie suddenly announces in a very business-like tone. 

"Ok, let's go next door then, to the loft in the bookstore. I take my lunch there sometimes. It gives me a chance to get out of this building for a while." 

Walking over to the bookstore, he hands me a bouquet of flowers and he says with a coy smile, "These are for you Luv. I want you to put them on your desk to remind you how much you mean to me. You can read the card later." 

I take the fresh red roses and white tulips and breathe in their sweet scent as Jamie leads me next door with his hand at the small of my back. 

"Thank you Jamie. They're lovely." I adore him so much. I know my eyes tell him so when I look up at him. 

Inhaling the fragrant floral scent, I notice the white tulips tucked in between the red roses. "You remembered." I look up at him through my eyelashes. 

"Yes, white tulips are your favorite." He squeezes my hand. 

"And red roses are yours." I rub my thumb over his hand.  

We find a table on the balcony looking over the bookstore, settle in, and begin to eat our lunch. Adrenaline is buzzing through my veins from the excitement of just being close to Jamie. Having him this close to me makes me feel happy, peaceful, and safe. 

"So what do you have to do in a half hour?" I take a bite of the turkey and cheese roll Jamie ordered for me. 

"Well Luv, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I need to go out of town for a job this afternoon and it's in Paris. I need to be there at the crack of dawn and I'll return on Sunday afternoon around half twelve.