Chapter 25

AUDREY'S POINT OF VIEW

~ Chapter Twenty-Five ~ 

 Hmm...Waking up feeling Jamie's touch is nice. I move my arm closer to him feeling his warmth.  

I open my eyes and see Jamie. My Jamie. Hi sexy boy. I gaze up into his beautiful bright blue eyes. They look like sapphires.  

"Hi Luv." He murmurs and the corners of his lips curl up. 

I look around the room, as he strokes my hair. 

"You're in hospital, but you are going to be fine." He kisses the top of my head. "Baby you scared me. Not a good surprise." 

He sits back down and leans in close. 

"Seeing you awake right now makes me... more grateful to God than I've ever been in my whole life. Your eyes are sparkling with life just as usual." He places a chaste kiss beside my eye and touches my cheek. "They are more beautiful than I remembered." 

My eyes, they are so heavy. Am I dreaming?  

"They gave you some pretty heavy-duty medicine, so you will feel very sleepy. Rest your eyes. It's ok, I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here when you wake up." 

Ah warmth, I feel Jamie's soft, protective hands on mine. The room is getting darker. 

Where am I? I'm in hospital? What happened?  

I see Jamie dozing in a chair next to me. I try to speak but my throat is too sore and raspy. Jamie's eyes snap open and he presses the call button for the nurse. He stands up and gently kisses my forehead. 

"Good morning, Luv." His eyes are open wide and shining. "Try not to talk, just nod your head yes or no." 

"Are you in pain?" 

I slowly turn my head side to side, once. 

"Do you remember anything?" 

Closing my eyes, I shake my head no again.  

"You are in hospital because you passed out in your flat and bumped your head. You have a concussion so your head might hurt but the nurse has given you an IV for pain medication, so let me know if you feel any pain at all." 

"Just relax and rest." Jamie kisses the back of my fingers. 

"Good morning, Ms. Harrington. I'm your nurse, Mary. Are you uncomfortable anywhere?" 

I hold my hand in front of my throat, wincing as I try to swallow. What the hell, did I swallow some cactus?  

"Right, well, I've increased your medicine dose so you should be feeling better soon. The doctor will be in shortly to talk with you. Meanwhile, try to drink small sips of water. I'll be back in a bit." 

"Jamie, what happened?" I mouth the words and look at him with determination. 

"Okay," he resigns with a smile and sits on the edge of my bed. "You're going to be good as new in a few weeks. All you have are bumps and bruises and some cuts and scratches that will heal."  

"Do you remember going home the other day to pick up your workout clothes?"  

I can't remember and shake my head side to side. 

"Well you did and we were supposed to meet at the pub after, but you didn't show up. So Nate and I went to look for you at your flat. Someone had broken in and I saw him before he ran away. I broke through the back door and that's when I found you."